Highlighted
Newcomer

Netgear CM600 Firmware

I am curious when Spectrum / Oceanic Time Warner Cable is planning to upgrade the Netgear CM600 modem firmware?  I am currently on V1.01.05 but the latest firmware listed on netgear support is V1.01.12  I have listed the link below.

I called spectrum / oceanic tech support which Marvin stated that they do not upgrade customer owned/purchased modem firmware, I would need to call netgear to upgrade the firmware.  I was under the impression that the Internet Service Provider pushes out the firmware and will either upgrade or downgrade the firmware to the one they want you to use. 

Any advice out there?  Thank you!

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

2 REPLIES 2
Expert

Re: Netgear CM600 Firmware

If there's nothing wrong with your connection, there's no need for firmware changes.

Proven Sharer

Re: Netgear CM600 Firmware

@krazeazn wrote:

I am curious when Spectrum / Oceanic Time Warner Cable is planning to upgrade the Netgear CM600 modem firmware?  I am currently on V1.01.05 but the latest firmware listed on netgear support is V1.01.12  I have listed the link below.

I called spectrum / oceanic tech support which Marvin stated that they do not upgrade customer owned/purchased modem firmware, I would need to call netgear to upgrade the firmware.  I was under the impression that the Internet Service Provider pushes out the firmware and will either upgrade or downgrade the firmware to the one they want you to use. 

Any advice out there?  Thank you!

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Did you not bother to consider that 1.01.05 might be precisely the version TWC wants you to run, not the rev supplied out of the box?  They decide the optimum software version for each model and push it to your modem when you first register it on your account.  As MsRaye already said, if you don't have a connection problem there's nothing to be fixed.