Proven Sharer

Re: Netgear CG3000DV2 looses connection after firmware update 3.01.06

Of course TWC wants every CG3000 modem to behave exactly the same, whether it is customer-provided or leased from TWC.  How else can they provide fast and accurate help-desk technical support when something goes wrong for a customer?  And that means they will update your COAM (Customer Owned And Maintained) device when it is first installed on their network and periodically refresh it to make sure it has all the features working.

Yes, this means that certain user options in the modem might get changed back to a TWC preference.   That depends on how the manufacturer writes the update software.  And that's why many of us recommend that users provide their own data router (with WiFi if needed), rather than using an all-in-one combo box that TWC can and will reprogram without you knowing it.

Sharer

@karlbeckman wrote:

Of course TWC wants every CG3000 modem to behave exactly the same, whether it is customer-provided or leased from TWC.  How else can they provide fast and accurate help-desk technical support when something goes wrong for a customer? 

...By training them to know their product and write accurate scripts/flowcharts?

Crazy idea, I know...

But it isn't about providing "fast and accurate" support...it's about "eliminating truck rolls" and quarterly reports....PowerPoint and short-term thinking...

Highlighted
Browser

I found this on a netgear forum. I did it about 4 hrs ago, and so far ok. 

Interface is faster. We will see.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Cg3000dv2-is-dropping-wifi/td-p/1157621

Expert

Interesting...

Do you still have the new version firmware or did it revert back to an older version?

Here's the somewhat broken english proceedure:Woman IndifferentSmiley Surprised

1.Please Remove the co-axial cable from the modem and turn off the modem and once again connect the co-axial cable back to the modem and check please.
Please follow the below steps to Hard reset the modem:
1.Please flip your device and locate the Restore factory settings red pin hole.
2.Make use of a paper clip or small pin and hold it down for 30 seconds when the device is switched on.
3.When you perform the Reset process, the power light would start to flash
4.please do reset when the device is powered on.

Browser

After the reset, it's still on the new firmware, it did not revert as I hoped. 

I lost my ssid, and security camera port forwarding, but re-  entered all that and passwords for access and wifi. Still no resets YET!  

13 hrs.

Lead Moderator

Good Afternoon All. 

I would like to gather your account information and get this issue escalated.

if you will contact us at TWC_ForumsHelp with the Title as Netgear CG3000DV2

with your account information it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Sharer

DON'T DO EEEEET!  They just want to reflash your modem!

(heh...I kid, I kid)

(kinda)

Browser

After about 35 hours I had to reboot to restore wireless. Wired was ok.

so, I guess the factory reset wasn't the answer

Expert

I don't know of modems ever reverting back to old firmware and do know that the HW8 version SB6141's refused TWC's older HW7 firmware.

The factory reset forces the modems "provisioning" to be resent to the modem and doesn't seem to set the firmware back to the MFG'd version at least on the 6141 and 6121 modems I've tried

You have another issue, something set wrong or bad router firm=ware, a malicious website, perhaps a neighbor trying to hack and Deauth your wireless.

Lock the wireless on ch 3 or 8 see if problem reoccurs. Make sure the DHCP lease is set for a day not an hour on the wireless setup.

You may also have a setup issue on the netcam.

Newcomer

I do not speak technical so be nice.

I've been having to do the unplug reset trick about 3 or more times a day. Am I in the right place?