Browser

Re: NEED HELP HIGH PING 8 HOURS A DAY

the modem was reset the day before i believe a rep on the live chat actually did this without warning me first. Aside from that, the only times i have issues with my ping is around 1 pm until around 1 a.m from 1 a.m back until 1 p.m my ping is fine but then it goes from the normal 30 or so to 100-400 and dosent drop back down. It's been doing this for over a month now and nobody has really been able to help me with it :/ and it just started about a month ago, before that it was fine for a while

Helper

Do the status.signal screen shots at eight  pm or so,  watch for upstream to rise when things are going bad for you, you may have electrical noise on your line due to a cut outside the home, possibly all the way to the pole, seems not from your upstream readings but when things go south at night, it may rise.

BTW if you call TW and they do any online testing call them when things are amuck.

Browser

yea that's normally what i do, i always give them a call when things are going bad with the ping but they always tell me everything looks fine on their end and i should just restart my router, which obviously never does anything

Expert

resetting the modem clears all the logged errors and then you can't see them!

It might also set it to different channels which on a 4 or 8 channel modem helps indicate single channel ingress

Browser

i see, so is there nothing that can be fixed Smiley Sad im just tired of dealing with this everyday at this point but twc is the only provider in my area so im kind of stuck with this

Expert

copy and paste the signal level and error logs again and maybe a tracert to google.com

Spectrum Employee

Would you mind share the error log (aka "event log") with us all here?  It may contain some useful insights into what and when you modem itself has recorded having any issues.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Browser

Hey my ping issues actually resolved a lot earlier today then usual, and i noticed a new thing on my router that has never been there before, it's called standard specification compliant docsis 3.0

That was never on my router settings before and now it is.

Spectrum Employee

What's the make & model?

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Browser

its a ubee modem model is dvw32cn