Newcomer

My internet speed "turbo??" is SO SLOW

Supposedly with Spectrum I should be getting at least 60 mbps... If I am LUCKY I get 15. I have followed all steps for troubleshooting (clearing cache, restarting modem, restarting computer, etc.)  I'm very upset that I am paying so much for such disappointing service. Anyone else notice VERY slow speed lately??

10 REPLIES 10
Helper

Re: My internet speed "turbo??" is SO SLOW

Post modem signal levels page and event log page.

Expert

What speed do you get on TWC's speedtest tool?

Is this using an ethernet cable?

Need level and log pages as well....

Expert

the speedtest tool is here:  https://www.spectrum.com/internet/speed-test-support-twc

Whyat do you get, what location does it indicate and where are you?

Mine here is horrible today, it took 5 minutes just to get the url to load and my 20/2 service shows a real slow ramp up to only 12.3 down 2.2 megs up.

So something is broke... I was getting 21/2.2 ....

I'm s0utheast  of cleveland and the speedtest is at the TWC OH RDC located in CXolumbus.

Rookie

The past week or so, the internet speeds are terrible, and it goes from a download speed of 5 to 22 range. I am paying for 50.

...and the standard clear cache, unplug modem doesn't help. Neighbor is having the same issue.

Grand Rapids Ohio

Expert

you mean Grand River, by Painesville?

Spectrum Employee

To get resolution, rather just hollering to see if anyone else has a similar issue (which is quite statistically very possible out of millions of customers), try sharing some factual data about the modem and the LAN in question.

With good info, the community here has several experienced individuals , who can usually point the troubleshooting of the connectivity issues down the right path (or at least a good guess).

This paticular forum is for troubleshooting advice & help.  (and yes I agree that "Get help regarding your internet service" is a vague description.)

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Proven Sharer

Expert

middle of nowhere, might be the old WOW or brighthouse network that TWC started to upgrade and stopped work when Spectrum took over....

It should have a decent path to the Columbus RDC though, need more info.

tracert to google.com, twc speedtest info, etc.

Proven Sharer

For TWC-L subscribers out here in Cleveland's western suburbs, the Spectrum SpeedTest site picks Livonia, M,I a hub west of Detroit.   I used to get either Cleveland or Massillon most of the time.