Spectator

Modem will not reset, cannot connect via ethernet cable from PC, and wireless will not activate

So first off, I've power cycled the modem about 5 times now, and the lights in the front never change. When the modem is plugged back in, the lights just instantly turn on solid blue the same exact way each time. Nothing changes.

I can't connect to my PC via ethernet cable. The cable is perfectly fine. I've actually tried using 3 different cables throughout the power cycles. It's all the same. In the system tray of windows where it shows the the icon for the internet adapter, it's just the ethernet icon with an exlamation mark and yellow triangle. It can't identify the modem, and no internet is coming through.

I have an Ubee modem, the model number is DVW3CB.

The light's in the front are as follows:

- Power (Solid blue)

- DS/US (Solid blue)

- Online (Solid blue)

- 2.4G (Off)

- 5G (off)

- TEL1 (Solid blue)

- TEL2 (Solid blue)

- MoCA (Off)

- Battery (Off)

I should also mention that the modem was not shipped with a battery.

So, that's about it. I have no idea what's wrong or where to go from here. If you need any more information, please ask.

3 REPLIES 3
Expert

Re: Modem will not reset, cannot connect via ethernet cable from PC, and wireless will not activate

instantly? it's bad

If after the 1 minute test, something else is wrong. Unscrew the coax, blue us/ds should go out or flash

Does the phone work?

Spectator

Re: Modem will not reset, cannot connect via ethernet cable from PC, and wireless will not activate

The first time I waited for one minute.

The phone did not work, no.

This issue has since been resolved though. I was somehow able to get it to reboot after successively switching on and off the power to the modem about 3 times. Not really sure why that worked or why, or even how I thought of doing that in the first place.

Thank you for the reply though.

Helper

In the future you can do a quick reset by inserting something small, but not sharp in  reset pinhole, its probably near the phone / ethernet, but I am not sure with that modem, just tap it for a second you can feel the button, it should reset/reboot, to do a factory reset hold it in for twenty seconds, but be warned that sets the passwords WIFI SSID name and password  to default, which are on the label of the modem.