Proven Sharer

Re: Modem replaced 3 times - WHY is modem still receiving this error

I think the most obvious reason is that it is not a problem within the modem.  Therefore changing the modem once, twice, or as many times a day as you want still won't fix the problem that is being reported.  The status message says that the modem is not detecting a Unicast Maintenance Ranging opportunity, for which the control message is sent from the hub CMTS.  It's a network signal problem.  Either the hub isn't sending the message or none of the modems is able to decode it correctly. 

Observer

ok thanks I do realize this.. so the latter is to replace the cable from the apartment drop to the mux outside.  can the Social media moderator please respond to this?  

Helper

@Gridmstr75 wrote:

ok thanks I do realize this.. so the latter is to replace the cable from the apartment drop to the mux outside.  can the Social media moderator please respond to this?  

Since you now mention that this is an apartment building you may have another set of problems...if the fix is replacing the drop line up to the main panel on your building you're in luck, but if the fix is replacing the wiring inside the building Spectrum may or may not be able to do anything about it without the building owner's consent and/or payment.

Observer

this can be true but in this case it should be noted that each unit has their own run of coaxial lines the apartments are all seperate from each other as far as the coaxial goes. 

Observer

received a lot of these errors today

Jan 19 2019 11:49:03Critical (3)

Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted

Jan 19 2019 11:49:27Critical (3)No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Jan 19 2019 10:05:26Critical (3)No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out