Helper

Modem Upgrade

I have an Ubee combination modem/telephone mta, i got a letter

]stating maxx was coming to my area in a few weeks, it said

I needed another modem, 

They are going to send a standard internet modem to run beside the phone modem,

is this how they are doing upgraded modems for max w phone/// seperate modem for internet,

Normal practice.?

Thanksk

4 REPLIES 4
Expert

Re: Modem Upgrade

no.  May be the latest resolution to the IPv6 issue...

paste the level page, don't know if you can handle another splitter.

Helper

Exactly hopefull  the guy misspoke, I am already amped up with section of thirty year old RG 6 in the house, short with two spillters, the amp being splitter number two, Its a vectronics(which are good)., as Madonna used to sing

it could be BORDERLINE, we shall see.(to top it off my router only has ethernet not Gigabit ethernet) so that gets

replaced unless the modem comes with wireless.. They are FedExing, cable store non existant in upstate NY. Wait I just realized no split that amp has covered taps, n/m on the signal, should be about the same.

Established Sharer

@jhf5 wrote:

Exactly hopefull  the guy misspoke, I am already amped up with section of thirty year old RG 6 in the house, short with two spillters, the amp being splitter number two, Its a vectronics(which are good)., as Madonna used to sing

it could be BORDERLINE, we shall see.(to top it off my router only has ethernet not Gigabit ethernet) so that gets

replaced unless the modem comes with wireless.. They are FedExing, cable store non existant in upstate NY. Wait I just realized no split that amp has covered taps, n/m on the signal, should be about the same.

----------

You appear to be ahead of the curve, and aware of what you'll need to do to get better speed and reliability.

Helper

Yes, I had forgotten the amp under the desk has mulitiple outputs with caps =)