Browser

Re: Maxx upgrade, slower downloads than expected.

I have another appointment on Friday now.  They fixed my speed on Monday and then, the very next day, it dropped right back down and has stayed at the same speeds I originally called to complain about.

Expert

do you see any difference in the levels or errors?

Any possibility you have something running cloud or sync after a day of up time?

Browser

@MsRaye wrote:

do you see any difference in the levels or errors?

Any possibility you have something running cloud or sync after a day of up time?

The uncorrectables haven't budged but the power levels actually are lower.  All of my channels were over 3 dBmV both before and after they "fixed" it.  Now, however, I've noticed most of my channels are below 3 dBmV, with one being as low as 2.3.  It doesn't seem like that would be low enough to cause an issue, but I'm no cable expert.  And no, I don't do any cloud stuff.  I have One Drive disabled on startup.  I use Google Drive from my phone but it's just to transfer small files from time to time.  I have a server that runs 24/7 but it only does DNS, DHCP, and serves as a local NAS / media server.  The host and VMs are up to date, so I know it's not downloading Windows updates or anything.  Even if it were, I never noticed an impact on my speeds even when I had 50 meg.  My friend, who lives less than a mile from me, is also still having issues with his speed if that makes any difference.

Expert

If you have DS levels between -5 and +10 with s/n higher than 36 dB and US between +30 and +50 dBmv, you don't have a level issue  provided that the DS levels are not all over the place.

Any single channels with high correcteds, uncorrecteds and a lower s/n indicate Broadcast tv ingress, all channels with errors indicates noisy amplifiers somewhere.

Browser

So, once again, I got an automated call from TWC saying a known issue in my area has been fixed.  This time, it didn't even give me a choice on whether or not to cancel my appointment.  It just flat out said it wasn't necessary and cancelled it for me.  My appointment was for Sunday.  Just like the other times, my speed was fine the day I received the call.  I'm barely getting over 200 again.  I'm going to give it a couple more weeks to see if they just need to work out some bugs.  If I don't start getting 300 consistently, I'm just going to call and tell them to drop my service down to 200.  It's still four times faster than what I used to have and I'm definitely not paying for speeds I'm not getting.

Highlighted
Expert

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log page, don't reset the modem.

Need to see what "known issue fixed" did if anything