Valued Contributor

Re: Maxx on Hold, We were lied to, again.

@MsRaye wrote:

As for channels, where they are can be on severly impaired frequencies from LICENSED services like broadcast TV, LTE and LMR users

TWC night have learned from the Austin mistakes and is now testing the new channels and repairing issues rather than throwing everyone on them

I'm also seeing IPv6 DNS renew info here whereas most others are not, yet my home network is strapped to IPv4 only

They need to release that sb6183 firmware update, no idea how ipv6 even works in this area.

Browser

I had 200 / 20 and about 2-4 weeks ago it dropped to 100 / 20 in los angeles suburb.

Expert

Either there's something capping on your lan side or someone at TWC sent you a 100/20 provisioning file

Seasoned Contributor

It seems like I've seen several posts with similar situations. Did it happen around May 26?

Established Sharer

@pfisterfarm wrote:

It seems like I've seen several posts with similar situations. Did it happen around May 26?

----

Not for me, April 19th here when it went from 100 back to 20.

But a week later I got a mail flyer promising it would be 100 'any day now'.

Expert

@Karishin wrote:

@MsRaye wrote:

As for channels, where they are can be on severly impaired frequencies from LICENSED services like broadcast TV, LTE and LMR users

TWC night have learned from the Austin mistakes and is now testing the new channels and repairing issues rather than throwing everyone on them

I'm also seeing IPv6 DNS renew info here whereas most others are not, yet my home network is strapped to IPv4 only

They need to release that sb6183 firmware update, no idea how ipv6 even works in this area.

Bet it's "on hold" as well

Has anyone seen any changes since mid may?

Seasoned Contributor

@DaKat wrote:

BTW, got my first Bill after the sale yesterday, and it DROPPED by $15 a month already (I was paying $175 for TV/Internet, now it's $159), with NO change in service.

IF they go to 60 megs down, that's STILL a BIG plus for me.

The all-in triple play at the top speed (one of 300, 100 or 50) is $110 to $130 (not including taxes and fees).  It includes DVR, whole home, phone service and some premiums.  If you're paying retail you should stop -- even the most expensive promo bundle  is less than retail.  If you're paying for services or bandwidth you're not getting you open a service ticket.

Valued Contributor

@jhf5 wrote:

THAT is completely GARBAGE!
60 megs would be 3 times what I have now, and $60 would be LESS than what I'm paying TWC now as well!!
WHEN Charter has had time to digest the purchase, I'm SURE that they will move to continue upgrades to what TWC had or planned.  it WON'T and CAN'T be done overnight!

I was/am not mad about the moratorium, but to do it to do customers that are days away from switch being turned on, literally, without notice, AFTER the glossy letters was kind of aggravating, at least INY State they have bound themselves to upgrading the entire system to Maxx standards within 42 months, so it all ain't bad.
  =) 

Well not ALL areas are being upgraded. I live in MID OH and I have not got any letters about upgrading the speeds or anything which is really not making me happy. I pay for Extreme internet and for that same price people get 200 for. I just think this merger is a whole crock because now there seems to be NO HOPE of us here.

I wish that SOME other company that doesn't just offer 6 mbps or 20mbps DSL were to come around here. 

Browser

Yes about then i just happened to notice because i was downloading several very large files and it took an unusualy long time so i did 3 or 4 speed tests and discovered my speed had been cut in half !!!!

egk
Contributor

Is there some official announcement about this?  I got the original letter about speeds increasing here in central NY state but haven't heard anything since.   A tech supervisor told me he thought it was scheduled for mid to late June around here but that was before the Charter merger.