Expert

Re: Maxx on Hold, We were lied to, again.

What model is the amplifier? There's one that TWC has been installing wrong.  Amps should be outside or in the utility room closer to the tapoff I'll bet they have too many spliters in front of you as well and ingress noise is coming in from another apartment

This really needs twc out

egk
Contributor

Hawkeye:   That's a pretty big difference in power level but you might still need a call.  Did your speed increase at all after all that?     If not, have you called or tried chatting with TWC online about why you're not getting Maxx and your parents are while just down the road?

I did something similar to get better power levels to my modem when I upgraded from the sb6121 to the sb6183.   I have one splitter on the house then a second one inside where the modem is.  I removed that one and it made a big difference.  The signal was split between the modem and a digital adapter for the TV.    Since I got a roku TV, I ditched the adapter and use the TWC app on the Roku instead.

You don't have to say, of course, but I'm curious what city you're in.  I'm in central NY too and as far as I know no one around me in the Cortland/Ithaca area has Maxx.   

Highlighted
Not applicable

@bodosom my account just says ultimate internet upgrade. I just got a brand new modem from them in anticipation of the upgrade to 200mbps with the extreme internet. My account upgrades said I could switch to ultimate for the 300mbps. The email I have confirming the upgrade to ultimate says 300mbps. I have been on the phone with them several times and all I get is that they aren't going to those speeds until marketing makes a decision on it. My question then is why did they advertise those speeds on the website for my account. They still are in fact.
Observer

Seasoned Contributor

@ScottR397 wrote:
@bodosom my account just says ultimate internet upgrade.

I would think it would be called Ultimate 300 because that's the label used on the web site.

if the plans page for your zip code says Ultimate 300 to Extreme rather than Ultimate to Standard then open a direct support ticket here.

Expert

Is the amp using a seperate cable going to the upper left power port?

That is a 18 dB ds gain and 10 dB us gain amp

Observer

Yep, that's the one.
Expert

Do you have access to the utility room where all the suites lines are split off? Can you post a couple pictures of it? Are there a lot of splitters hanging loosse?

Next, do you have jacks in other rooms? Take off the wall plates, see if there's splitters ot tapoffss behind the plates.

Observer

My line does not come out of the utility room. I was having issues with that line since Adelphia had run RG-59 from the main split to the apartments. When I had Time Warner out to look at the issue a few years ago they decided it would be easier to just run me a new drop off the pole which is almost right outside my window.
Expert

There is seriously something wrong, that level is way too low for a line direct to the pole tap.. Can you post a picture of it?

Are there splitters hanging up there as well?