Participant

Low SNR levels

I'm running a SB6190, what's up with my low SNR levels? I am not using any splitters. My modem reboots everyother day, also this new modem has trouble pushing 350mbps, I upgraded from the dg1670a which was okay but had so many issues with the modem rebooting twice a day. Is there anything I can do to improve my SNR levels? I contacted Arris and they told me the issue was the SNR levels, and that my power levels were good. Thanks in advance Edit: I read somewhere that I should have an SNR level of 39+ for a stable connection

6 REPLIES 6
Helper

Re: Low SNR levels

30 to 40 could post your upstream levels, sometimes it can tell the story where downstream cannot.
Participant

The power levels are good, aren't they?

Helper

upstream are touchy on newer Docsis they get near 50 it can be bad, wait for MSR to come on, he knows a lot more about these than I do.. I like to see up a little lower but I do not know where the cut off point is.
Expert

@jhf5 wrote:
upstream are touchy on newer Docsis they get near 50 it can be bad, wait for MSR to come on, She knows a lot more about these than I do.. I like to see up a little lower but I do not know where the cut off point is.

Are you sure there isn't an amplifier or a splitter in line?

Look in the box on the outside of the house, see if the grounding block is corroded. Is this underground or overhead and how far to the pole?

Something is generating a lot of noise , it could be broadcast TV ingress.

Repost the signal level and error log pages again, DO NOT RESET THE MODEM, I need to see some history.

Participant

The box is locked, ya need a special tool to open it. I'm like 8 feet from the gray box, there are no splitters. Here's a screenshot of my levels back in March when I was running the DG1670A same thing, the power levels right now read similar as to what I posted earlier.

Expert

It's gotten worst, maybe due to temperature or  the other modem was not as picky.

You're going to need twc out, It's probably a bad pole amp.. Are there others on the street with similar issues?