Browser

Re: Losing connection/ Dropping connection/ SGB6580 Restarting eroor

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2XJ0GIEL7KITV/

Either way, I'm sticking with what I said.

As it's more accurate as it does get disconnections when it goes that high (+8).  

Expert

If your modem sees either a down or upstream sudden level change of 3 dB or more, it usually reboots and tries to relevel. It's usually a bad outside line blowing in the wind or somethging loose in the house, can be on a different splitter port.

Proven Sharer

Very little is more accurate than data taken by the user when the problem occurs. If eraml21's modem starts to fail at +8, that is the high signal limit for his installation.
Proven Sharer

Although we always say that "No two trouble complaints are alike, so don't compare and don't piggyback on an earlier thread," the first clue that your modem is probably NOT the problem is that your cousin is using the same unit with success.  The part that is different is the cable wiring that each of you connect to, and we think your issue is with your main trunk cable, not the modem.

The first ugly truth about finding and fixng ingress is that any leakage signals that find their way onto the cable will be amplified in either the upstream or downstream directions, usually affecting other subscribers.  Second, the interference to your TWC internet service is usually not caused by another user's bad internet modem but from regular broadcast TV, 4G LTE cellular phones, or public safety 2-way radio systems .  Therefore TWC has to locate and mitigate EVERY instance of leakage before the problem goes away on that node.  

Browser

Just found out the culprit, it has something to do with my outside power pole. Just recently two weeks ago, the power went out for a good 6 hours and after they fixed it, I had no internet issue until just recently, when the power cut off twice for just a second and it started causing the problem again, i start getting Correctables and Uncorrectables in numbers. I remember this happening 6 weeks ago and I can assume that the was the issue that first started this problem. 

Expert

GET THE POWER COMPANY OUT TO FIX THE POLE ISSUE BEFORE YOU CALL TWC OUT. THIS CAN BE AN EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS- ELECTROCUTION HAZARD IF THE POLE GROUNDING IS COMPROMISED. TELL THEM THERE'S INTERMITTENT BROWNOUTS/ FLICKERING AND SOMETHING ARCING ON THE POLE/ TRANSFORMER.

then,

Get TWC out on the pole. DO NOT TRY TO FIX THIS YOURSELF, THERE MAY BE GROUNDINNG ISSUES AND 7600 volts there if there's a transformer involved... I have the same situation here, some copper theives stole the pole ground...