Rookie

Re: Large Amount of Uncorrectable Code Words

Update: No joy Smiley Sad

Modem Stats at 20 Hours

Though it seems to be taking on less errors, I'm going to move on and try and eliminate the keystone and plug the line in the wall directly into the modem to see if that fixes it. 

are your 4G phones getting a full 5 bars? If only 2-3 they are transmitting full power and getting into the modem.

I'd also put snap on ferrite  beads on the cat5 and power cord right at the modem.

Use shielded cat 5e from the modem to router (the ones with the metal grounding clips as well.

Keep your phones 5-10' away from the modem

Highlighted
Rookie

My network area is tucked away in a part of the house that isn't often near phones. My typical bars range 1-2 here, but they are on Wifi and using wifi for calls and text. I have CAt 6a STP on all of my links from computers, to switches, to the router, and then to the modem, so they are shielded. 

I think I found the solution though, as it seems it was the keystone exposing the connection to interfereance. I ran the cable directly out of the wall and into the modem. 
I've noticed a slight rise in uncorrectable errors on all channels, but they are all lower, by a large amount, than the original two channels error's. 

Here's current stats at 8 Hours, 45mins

I've tried researching shielded keystones but I couldn't find anything. Any recommendations on how to seal off a keystone in the wall? it's just a RG6 coupler attached to a wall socket keystone. 

Sorry, Here are the modem stats

(won't let me edit?) 

Ok, look at your channels, you no longer have a 705 mHz one, it's been deleted because of the interference.

The 4g phones are getting into the coaxial side of the modem in all probability thru a badly crimped F connector. Is the coax quad shielded RG6 and does it have compression, not hex crimped connectors that are shiny, not dull or oxidised? That is your shielding.

As for cat 6 STP, are the connectorsproperly crimped arount the foil insulation and have the metal tangs on the sides to contact the fingers in the rj 45 female in the modem?

STP is useless without a good shield connection at the modem end. Even though, I suspect all modems can't adequately shield out ingress from a 4 G handset within a couple feet.

I would suspect a molded end F jumper cable as an issue, most are crappy rg59 with out dual or quad shielding and connectors are crimped not compression.

Rookie

Yes, RG6 connector is compression. I've cut the wire open myself and viewed its quad shield when I originally installed it a couple of years ago. The connector isn't old or worn, it's still in relatively new condition because it isn't often moved, but I will likely replace it anyways (I think a cable tech did this one a while back when TV service was added and we had to run coax lines off splitters. I suppose that maybe the line became exposed when we ran it through the wall as well.) 

I did the Cat6A connectors myself, the foil runs to the ends as far as they can go into the RJ45, ensuring I also used shielded RJ45 plugs on the ends at all connectors.

My mobile devices are never within 4ft of the modem, so we don't have to worry about super close proximity. 

I'll see about getting RG6 shielded compression connectors and replacing all the connectors on the line and maybe some ferrite beads for redundancy. I appreciate all the help btw. 

Don't put ferrit beads on the coax, just the rj 45's and power cord at the modem.