Not applicable

Internet drops every hour or more

Hi,

My internet has been dropping every hour or so. The whole router/modem lights go off and it resets. I have a TP-link archer cr700 router/modem. I have looked online and seem to think it may be a cable problem but I wanted to post my results and get optionons.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.43.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.44.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.44.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.45.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-19 at 4.45.21 PM.pngany help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Helper

Re: Internet drops every hour or more

I think you are having some sort of signal issue that needs a tech out to check all the lines and connections first. There may be loose connections, damaged coax, or water somewhere.

Highlighted
Sharer

Re: Internet drops every hour or more

Yeah... check those signal numbers again after it has been up for a while... about the time you anticipate an automatic reboot.

If any more of those SNR numbers show dips into the 37/38 from those 40+ numbers, or any of those 4 upstream channels raise their power level to 48+, there likely a signal quality issue to address. Either of these things getting too out of whack can trigger the modem to either go "offline" shortly to scan for new downstream channel lock (s), or actually reboot.

Could be cables, connectors, or any manner of devices along the way causing issues. If you notice any loose connections, crimped cables, etc. that you can reasonably address yourself, you might get lucky there... otherwise, may need a technician to come check everything from the modem out to the "tombstone". Possibly could be up the pole or down the street even, but that would likely call for a different team--but that won't happen until the customer's location is first inspected and ruled out.