Rookie

Internet connection drops Constantly. Don't know what to do. NE Ohio

I have been having this problem for close to 2 months now and i've talked to spectrum support close to 15 times, and i have had 5-6 techs out in the last 2 months. I'm fed up and just want the connection to be fixed.

I have a technicolor DCP3216 Modem and a Archer C7 router. The modem was replaced last week and nothing has changed. (had a different technicolor before)

What happens: I have a very good connection (close to 120mb/s on speedtest) and everything runs smoothly, until i doesn't. I randomly drop connection or get speeds around 1-5 mb/s for anywhere from 15 mins - a few hours. Seems like theres nothing that leads up to it, happens at peak and non peak times.

What I've had done to try to fix it: I have been through 2 different modems, and 2 different routers. i have tried being directly connected to the modem with my desktop and still experience the problem. I have the slow downs both on my desktop directly wired into the router/modem and on wifi as well. I have had the cable cord replaced by tech, and i have replaced the ethernet cable as well.

The HUGE problem is, everything LOOKS fine, signal levels and everything they can check over the phone are normal. and since this connection drop happens at very random times and i can't control it ive never had it happen when a technician is out, so they say everything is fine and leave. 

Im at the point where they are saying they will no longer send out a technician unless i pay for them to come out, and i am still experiencing a connection drop MULTIPLE times per day.... PLEASE HELP!

PICTURES: (All of these were taken during a connection issue)

signallevels.png
tracert.pngGyazo GIF of my speedtest results doing a weird decline: https://gyazo.com/75845dd663a4570794c51422dd19d32b

This speed drop keeps going until it reaches this:

speedtesterror.png

9 REPLIES 9
Rookie

Re: Internet connection drops Constantly. Don't know what to do. NE Ohio

what part of neo are you in? Ive been having problems as of late and i'm in neo myself 

Rookie

Chagrin falls area, 44023

Rookie

ah ok, I'm up in Madison and I'm in the same boat as you. Some weird things are happening with the internet in neo as of late, ping is higher than it used to be, internet works fine then suddenly drops out, goes back to being fine for a while. Really wondering what is going on myself. 

Edit zip code, 44057, I can also provide tracerts and logs if need be 

Trusted Helper

My thoughts,

This sounds like something in a node, line, or main amplifier, that hasn't been detected yet.  Ingress fluctuations, but only at select times of the day.  You can contact Spectrum for free signal monitoring of your equipment.  I would recommend that the OP try that.  Request a monitoring of your Internet signals for ninety days.

Than Spectrum can begin logging this issue.  Please get back to us on this!  Also can everyone please edit their posts to include their zip codes in Ohio where these Internet issues are occurring?

Satch

Rookie

I am having the same internet connection interruptions, just started recently,  I am in the Kirtland OH area.  The drops last for about 1 minute.

Lead Moderator

@gjbkirk  I would encourage you to begin your own thread with some additional information.

You can find a list of helpful things to post here:  /DATA-TO-POST-TO-GET-HELP-FROM-THE-COMMUNITY/

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

Exact same situation in Mocksville, NC 27028.  It's been going on for four days.  I'm not going to be listing my equipment, etc. because it's not just me, it's everyone I know around here.  Our equipment, in home, is fine.  And it's 2018, we all know to reboot, reset and generally find our way.  When multiple people are all having the same issue, it is highly unlikely to be a problem with the users.  Judging by downdetector dot com, it's happening all over the Spectrum footprint.

Proven Sharer

Certainly ISN'T the same problem, since your modem is not connected to the same head-end equipment as the folks in Ohio, nor are you getting your TV service from the same operating subsidiary of Spectrum. 

Lead Moderator

@Inner  @karlbeckman is absoloutely correct. Very Very rarely, except in situations where there is a known issue like damage to our network taking multiple customers down, is the problem the same. 

Please keep in mind that Downdetector is not our website and does not in any way accurately depict our service levels or problems. It is crowd sourced and can only in a vague way indicate issues. There are dozens of reasons a modem may be offline and reported. 

We encourage you to begin your own thread, we would be happy to take a look.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums