Not applicable

Internet Speed boost

I received an email last week from Spectrum that said they were doing a complimentary speed boost from 100M to 200M effect that day.  I rebooted the modem just in case that was needed.  Still haven't seen any boost in speed here.  Anyone else get a speed boost last week?

7 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Internet Speed boost

Good morning.

What type of modem are you using? What speeds are you seeing on a speed test?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

It is an ARRIS DG1670A

Not applicable

As far as speeds, I'm seeing 108 - 112M.

Proven Sharer

Based on previous reports from other customers, you can expect two weeks or more after the announcement date  before all modems capable of running at the higher speeds are updated in the wee small hours overnight. Note that your modem has to be connected to the cable and powered up all the time in order to receive the firmware update.   You shouldn't need to do a manual reboot, that's normally the last step of the automatic update process.

Also if you bought your own hardware, BOTH your router and modem MUST be capable of operation at the new higher speed.  That includes having Gigabit ethernet ports on both the modem and router.  Fast ethernet ports are 100 bTX, only good for 100 Mbps.   That's a hint if Spectrum tells you that your modem firmware has already been updated, but you are still seeing only 100 Mbps with Speedtest. 

Spectrum Employee

Start with logging into your account and go to the troubleshooting tab. Click on your modem and click slow speeds, then click the blue reset my modem button. This should send a hit to your modem to reset and may reprovision it for the speed lift. Otherwise, you can call into int repair and see if they can get it to reprovision
Lead Moderator

Good morning!

I have escalated this to be looked into. I was able to locate your account for review.

Hope you are having a good day! 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

Thank you.  Doing the reset seemed to have worked.  Thanks for the help.