Spectator

Internet Install

Hi all,

I recently bought a new house and we are about to order internet services. We have an unfinished basement that we plan to finish next year.  In the mean time, I would like to place the internet modem and router in the basement along with computer etc. The problem is that obviously there are no cable outlets. Will the installer run a new line from the tap and just drill a hole and drop a wire into the basement so I can have the modem and router in the basement or is that against policy?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Internet Install

@NTence

Generally speaking, the install tech will do a site inspection and give a recommendation prior to installation.  You can certainly let the tech know your preferences for location and the tech will be able to advise of any pros or cons.   

Highlighted
Spectator

Re: Internet Install

Thanks for the response. I kind of assumed they would take my input and give their input. I guess I was looking more at the policy. I just wanted to know if that was against the install policy. I just wanted them to start a new line from the tap drill into the house and just drop a cable to the basement.