Highlighted
Spectator

Internet Install

Hi all,

I recently bought a new house and we are about to order internet services. We have an unfinished basement that we plan to finish next year.  In the mean time, I would like to place the internet modem and router in the basement along with computer etc. The problem is that obviously there are no cable outlets. Will the installer run a new line from the tap and just drill a hole and drop a wire into the basement so I can have the modem and router in the basement or is that against policy?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Internet Install

@NTence

Generally speaking, the install tech will do a site inspection and give a recommendation prior to installation.  You can certainly let the tech know your preferences for location and the tech will be able to advise of any pros or cons.   

Spectator

Re: Internet Install

Thanks for the response. I kind of assumed they would take my input and give their input. I guess I was looking more at the policy. I just wanted to know if that was against the install policy. I just wanted them to start a new line from the tap drill into the house and just drop a cable to the basement.