Below is the source page. all test runs are from the same source based on the test run. I did one that was from VA, this one is from a host in CA.
Another bit of info, I ran a ping to the TWC server that is first hit when I tracert to an external server. at some points I was getting up to 50% packet loss (using 1024 size packets).
Some more data that is interesting... The smokeping I am running (DSLReports) has been running nearly 24 hours. The period of packet loss is as I felt, very cyclic by day. The times in this report are ET, but I am in Pacific time, so these are 3 hours ahead. So from about 3PM my time to about midnight, the packet loss is present. I does vary somewhat, but nevertheless it is there. As high as 96%! yikes. The grea bars show the latencies. As can be seen with this they vary much more during the high loss times. This test hits my desktop system from a server in my state (CA). These timings are outside of my LAN as there is nothing going on the internal systems that would do this. They are consistent day and night.
The problem may have been found! The tech that came out was focused initially on his area of expertise, so looked at the signals and changed some coax ends. After doing the inside of the house, he then went outside the house then up on the pole where my cable orginates. He did not find anything that explained the issue, so he was on the phone with his supervisor for about an hour. When he came back in to talk to me, he thinks they have the problem identified. This is funny... apparently a week or so ago, UVerse was doing work on some equipment and mistakenly mucked with some TWC equipment. The tech calls them nodes, but they shound like routers to me. In any case, a maintenance team is looking into this and according ot the tech the node in question is spilling traffic into place it should not be. So, maintenance is supposed to be working on this and hopefully it will be resolved soon. The tech left me his supervisor's number and said they would be in touch with me. Whew! I was worried that a solution would not be established very soon. Bad on ATT Uverse, but maybe they did that change on purpose!
My fingers are crossed and I am hopeful this will get the issue resolved.
I call (edited) on that answer as well.
Uverse uses ADSL/fiber and it can't be connected to TWC's HFC system ...
The only AT&T issue I see is that AT&T 4G LTE phones will trash the 705 mHz ds channel
thru bad TWC connections
Agree, seems very strange. However, at this time yesterday I had been under about 3 hours of varying levels of dropped packets. Our Roku (which we use for our TV in most rooms) would also periodically stop. Today, it is 3 hours with zero dropped packets using the same measure versus probably 15% dropped during that time yesterday.
Whatever the issue, I hope they fixed it (I don't want it coming back).
Thanks MsRaye and Agent for all your input.
well, still good. the last six hours have been clean with 0 dropped packets. Last night there would have been almost 20% average lost packets for this duration. I would love to know the real details of what has been done. If I find out, I will post.
I will say the DSLReports Line Quality Tests and the Smokeping test have been hugely informative for me.
At least I had a great correlation of pings to bad experience with the Roku's in our home.
I bet it was one of the connectors he changed.
It's stupid when a cust complains about intermittents and ctechs check the levels and since they're "fine" they walk away..
Hopefully this keeps stable connectivity.