Not applicable

Intermittent connectivity issues

Johnson city Ny 13790 Single family

Internet only 100/10

Technicolor tc8717t

Consistent issues since upgrading to 100/10 service approx 2 months ago at least once per hour I will have no service for 5-10 minutes then service will resume only for it to happen again over and over again. I did replace my old modem with the technicolor unit. 

Modem is wired with a direct connection from outside the house with no splitters from outside the house to the modem

3 REPLIES 3
Proven Sharer

Re: Intermittent connectivity issues

The answer is found in your first router screen capture.  Look at the Local IP Network frame (upper left).  The "DHCPv4 Lease Time" is set for one hour.  That tells your router to force off any device that stays connected for more than one hour.  You already know that it's doing EXACTLY what it was told!  Change that value to 96 hours and reboot the router.  JOY!

Your incoming (DS) signal levels are also a bit too high, they should be less than +10 dBmV.  You can buy a 3 dB or 6 dB attenuator at your local home improvement store and install it in the coax line feeding the TC8717. 

Not applicable

Okay I updated the lease time but the problem can happen multiple times in hour and are usually accompanied by a t4 error would the signal attenuator resolve that
Proven Sharer

@Jrdnwilsonwrote:
Okay I updated the lease time but the problem can happen multiple times in hour and are usually accompanied by a t4 error would the signal attenuator resolve that

The high signal level can cause T3 and T4 error resets, so YES the attenuator should greatly reduce them.  But you don't have many T3 and T4 errors, most listed were SYNC Timing Synchronization failure.