Proven Sharer

Re: Million Uncorrectables over 24 hour period

Before you blame the Spectrum field maintenance team, give your modem some time to readjust.  The DS levels should recalibrate after the modem goes through a ranging cycle overnight.   If your are still seeing signal levels above +10 tomorrow, make the phone call.

Not applicable

Had another technician out Friday 11/30 4-5pm and the problem was not occuring while he was here. He verified again that all the cables in the house were good. They are suppose to have a minimum rating of 30 and they all came back in the 50's.

The modem logs and FEC counters were reset because he needed to disconnect the modem but here are the logs from just overnight which is usually when the problem is at its minimum. 

You can  ignore the event logs outside the red box because that is from the technician visit. 

But you can see still hundreds of thousands of uncorrectables across the entire spectrum and T3 timoutes and partial service. 

And remember this is 36-48 hours  post line maintenance:

1.png2.png

@karlbeckman

Thanks for the input. I am trying to my best to limit my posts to only events, facts, and documentary proof of the problem.  I have always been courteous and respectful to the Spectrum employess i have dealt with. However after dealing with this for well over two years I am pretty frustrated. We feel like we are getting the run around. There is more i coud say on the speculative side and what is going on but i am not going to at this time. 

Not applicable

Sunday's are always very bad for us. I do not know why but the intermittent problem is at its worst on Sundays. We completely lost service at around 1:10pm CT. Modem went offline for five minutes or so which is unusual. It usually stays online even when there is degraded service. 

First time we have seen a T4 timeout and the TLV-11 Illegal Set operation failed messages. 

12_2_2018_Sunday.png

Not applicable

After two more technician visits and a call to phone support, our case seems to have been escalated.  A supervisor gave us a call Tuesday and said they were going to send someone out today (Wednesday) along with possibly a line maintenance person.  

A QC technician came out and at first did not find anything at the modem or the ground block.  I was really worried and wondering if we would ever catch this intermittent problem again.  Then the QC went out to the tap at the pole, and when he came back he said he found errors out there. He said the errors were on BER and DQI. He said that he could tell the tap had been recently replaced. (probably from the last line maintenance - so that's good) The problems must be further up on the main line. 

The QC tech said that sometimes  a line maintenance person comes out with him but no one was sent out today. He is therefore going to schedule another line maintenance visit. 

Crossing our fingers again. Hopefully the problem is occurring when line maintenance comes out so they can see it and fix it. 

Highlighted
Helper

I know it's a pain in the rear to keep calling but seems that you are making progress. Patience pays off.

Not applicable

I see my posts are about our ongoing problem are now being deleted. I don't blame you Spectrum. I would be embarrassed too if my employees acted like the line maintenance people did out here in Irving. 

This whole issue of not being able to fix a problem ought to be embarrassing as well, but no one at Spectrum seems to be bothered by that.  But having a post detailing the line maintenance persons behavior on a visit, which probably explains why the issue is not being fixed --  that cannot be tolerated. 

We have had 9 technicians out and a QC technician.  Several times they have identified  problems at that tap.  Three times they have called line maintenance out and they have not fixed the problem. I think that speaks for itself. I could go into further detail about the shocking lack of professionalism by the last line person but that appears to get your post deleted. 

Not applicable

And the problem continues: 

No one at Spectrum, whether supervisor or management, has contacted us wanting to get this fixed after three years, nine tech visits, a QC tech visit, and three line maintenance calls. 

12_14_2018_EL.png12_14_2018_FEC.png

Not applicable

Well, another day and more quality Spectrum service. The event log is rolling over because it cannot handle all the errors. Yet line maintenance responsible for Irving, Texas cannot find the problem.

Its now been more than a month since i started this post hoping someone at Spectrum would care enough to help us get this fixed, but it seems no one cares. 

12_15_2018_EL1.png12_15_2018_FEC1.png

Not applicable

I called phone support and set up another appointment.  This will be our sixth or seventh house technician call alone since mid November not including line crew or QC tech visits.  Phone support escalated it because of the number of visits already. He called it "sounding the alarm."  According to phone support, a supervisor should be coming along or making contact.  We've heard this before and a supervisor hasn't made contact. So we shall see. 

Not applicable

It has been less than 2 hours since my last log posts. I am posting this to show how bad our problem is. 

Notice the differences from the last logs. More than 300,000 uncorrectables in less than two hours. 

12_15_2018_EL2_ADDACK.png12_15_2018_FEC2.png