Spectator

Intermittent Drops in Connectivity- Spectrum Gig

In zip code 53066 and have Spectrum Gig with the Technicolor TC4400 modem (Spectrum supplied).  Was able to log into the modem during a period where internet was lagging.  Here are results.

Have a tech coming today to do some tests, but what should I be asking him/her and what looks out of standard in the values above?  Thank you! 

8 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Intermittent Drops in Connectivity- Spectrum Gig

@bmelter wrote:

In zip code 53066 and have Spectrum Gig with the Technicolor TC4400 modem (Spectrum supplied).  Was able to log into the modem during a period where internet was lagging.  Here are results.

Have a tech coming today to do some tests, but what should I be asking him/her and what looks out of standard in the values above?  Thank you! 

Not sure if anyone else can see the pic but I can't see the signal levels.

Lead Moderator

I also am not seeing the picture. @reds91185 can you do a test post with a pic if you have time? I did not have the same issue on a test post.

Thank you! 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

@Julia_R  Here is a test post with a jpeg.  Don't ask why this is the first one to come to mind...

thumbs-up-terminator.jpg

Lead Moderator

Thanks for the test.

@bmelter  If you will try again, perhaps saving as a different format beforehand. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Spectator

modem3.JPGThis should work as I think you can zoom in to see things better.  The tech came out and said that the signal was "on the low side" and called out the guys who work on the poles to check things.  They were out and not sure if they did anything or not, but since then, no issues! 

Proven Sharer

Did you notice that in the Downstream Status Report which you posted, DS Channel 9 [531 MHz on your local system] was not locked?  That means the modem cannot hear ANYTHING on that particular internet data channel.  That's almost always a Spectrum network problem and a fatal one for Gigabit connections.  Could be a bad channel modulator board or fiber to coax interface card at the node or a bad/broken fiber strand going back to the head-end.  Usually fiber strands are carrying data for several internet channels, in which case they all die at once if there is a break.  That was NOT what your modem reported though, you just had one channel that had died.  It sounds like the line tech found and repaired the failure.  Call them again ASAP if trouble returns.

Spectator

It's strange as I just logged in after the "fix" and it still shows Channel 9 as not locked once again. See below.  Should I get them back out again to truly fix the issue before we face another "outage?"  How do I get the information you shared to the right person so I don't get the runaround?

Modem111918.JPG

Spectator

Still having the same issues as before and have called them back to have a tech come out to figure things out.