Expert

Re: Inconsistent connectivity while gaming on XBOX ONE.

Go into the router and see if you can set all devices to a 50% QOS. That should help regulate the speed

Is something running win 10 and is the peer to peer updating on? If so, turn it off on all devices

Browser

No.  Lagging at 1:15 AM.  Only one or two devices are active at the moment.  Also, it has been like this all day.  

Proven Sharer

From one of your previous postings:

" ... the first time I called complaining about the lag it was very severe and the technician did not mention any solution. I asked if a new modem and router would help provide for better connectivity and he explained it would not." 

So why do you keep asking if swapping the modem will fix the problem?  Did that cure your lag problem the last time?   If it had you would not still be asking for help.

Changing the modem will NOT resolve performance problems in the cable infrastructure, period.  You need to call out TWC to locate and repair the intermittent problems that cause your modem to disconnect.

Browser

For the internet savvy millenials, do NOT subscribe to Time Warner Cable Internet.  With Time Warner Cable you get what you pay for.  

What you get with Time Warner Cable TV/Internet/phone:

Cable TV works good.

Home Phone works as it should.

Internet Service is the absolute WORST. High Speed Internet that they advertise is just a gimmick.  

Consistent High Speed Internet Service is non-existent. You get what you pay for.  I would suggest paying a little more for AT&T if you want the high speed internet (They also do the home phone and cable TV).  If all you need is cable TV and home phone then TWC is appropriate.   The 100mbps is a gimmick, just like the cake is a lie. 50MBPS AT&T in my area costs more but AT&T is a top tier company.  With AT&T you can expect 50mbps quality on ALL of your devices ALL the time.  With TWC your speed tests will show 100mbps but you will not be getting 100mbps service the time. TWC is deceitful. They cater to suckers and your parents. Do NOT go with TWC for internet service.

Proven Sharer

No argument from the peer-to-peer technical support volunteers here.  The hard part for you will be getting Spectrum to fix the problems in their transport network and the deliberately overloaded connections with their contracted IXPs.  If you live in New York State, contact the Attorney General's Office - he has already filed charges against TWC.

Browser

So, I called a 3rd time and they sent a guy down here who put fittings on all the coax lines and replaced a few lines entirely.  This for the most part fixed the millisecond gaming delay. But I still experience lag here and there, specifically web cam quality is still low at times.

Expert

The only thing that seems to stream well is the spectrum twc tv, everything else is throttled/ limited. Youtube/ Netflix, etc. seems to work a lot better on a Uverse 6 meg ADSL circuit than on 20 or 35 meg TWC Spectrum ones using the same computer.