Not applicable

How many times do I have to call and someone comes out before something gets fixed???

We have a brand new modem replaced after internet constantly going out. Technician had been her 2x going on a 3rd since dec 21 but outages started before that. They say maintenance has worked on the line but still an issue. Internet is currently off for the 5th time today.
3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: How many times do I have to call and someone comes out before something gets fixed???

@dipp wrote:
We have a brand new modem replaced after internet constantly going out. Technician had been her 2x going on a 3rd since dec 21 but outages started before that. They say maintenance has worked on the line but still an issue. Internet is currently off for the 5th time today.

Hi,

What do the techs say is the problem when they come out?  Do they say it's in the line or in the modem?  Do you have Wireless Internet?  Do you own or lease your router if you have Wireless?

Obviously, this is not getting fixed. Call Spectrum again, but after you get through the menus, say that you would like to be transferred to Tier 3 technical support for Internet.  Say that you have had constant Internet outages, have had three techs out to the house and the modem replaced and there is still a problem.

Satch

Not applicable

Re: How many times do I have to call and someone comes out before something gets fixed???

They keep saying it is at the road, a node or something. Our home is only 4 yrs old so wiring is new and our modem is brand spanking new. We have a router but even running a direct line from ththe modem does not work. They are say they know what it is and the maintenance crew will be sent out. I know they were down the road last night but I guess it is to simple to actually stop an my home or even call to see if it worked. This all started when they put a booster on the line next door.
Proven Sharer

@dipp wrote:
They keep saying it is at the road, a node or something. Our home is only 4 yrs old so wiring is new and our modem is brand spanking new. We have a router but even running a direct line from ththe modem does not work. They are say they know what it is and the maintenance crew will be sent out. I know they were down the road last night but I guess it is to simple to actually stop an my home or even call to see if it worked. This all started when they put a booster on the line next door.

Asking on behalf of the moderators, please clarify the last sentence:  WHO installed the booster on the line next door?  Was that done by the customer, or a Spectrum tech's idea to fix an issue?  Is this 'booster' customer-purchased equipment?