Highlighted
Participant

Hitron Modem????

This modem sucks.  I just got this modem from Spectrum because my old Technicolor modem finally broke.  I installed the modem and found out you cant even access the modem interface.  My Technicolor T8717 was so much better.  I could turn off the wireless bands and put into bridge mode.  See my signal levels.......ugh.  So fustrating.  I guess its time to go back to my ARRIS.   Anyone esle have a Hitron modem? Thoughts?57320050906__050F3E25-A649-4171-BD3F-680D438EF993.JPG57320048333__59AD6600-396E-4D3B-A970-83924E790289.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Helper

Re: Hitron Modem????

This is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem and one of three models available that are built to the same specs by Ubee, Hitron, or Technicolor. The Ubee is the only one of the three that currently allows access the modem's UI. I have the Ubee version...no complaints here on Ultra.

Ubee: E31U2V1

Hitron: E31N2V1

Technicolor: E31T2V1

Participant

Maybe I should get the Ubee. Thanks @reds91185 

Helper

If there is a local Spectrum store near you can exchange it for a Ubee if they are available in your area.  Even with the Ubee you have to set up a slight workaround to access the UI. I'm sure someone will find a way to access the UI on the other two at some point.

edit: Also of note from your original post that part of your frustrations with this modem had to do with the wifi settings and such...these modems are not routers. There are no settings in the modem to adjust even if you could access it. All of that would be done in the router.

Rookie

I've had the Hitron paired with the new Wave 2 router for a couple of weeks and they've been working perfectly.  Consistently getting speeds over 400 mbps on wifi with over 20 devices on my network.  No complaints so far.