Re: High Latency Issues

I guess bridge mode. not sure of the name for the type of connection. but upon setup it asks if I want to connect to an existing network wirelessly or set up a new network. I said connect to existing and connected to my routers wireless 5hgz network as would a client connection.

I went into TWC office today on my lunch break and had them activate a new modem to my account. I don't mind paying the leasing fees if it helps resolve my issue. but also if the issues still persist, apparently there is a ton more data they can see using their diagnostic tools when the device is a TWC modem vs. one I own (so they tell me). Maybe this will help shed more light on where the problem is coming from if it continues to occur.

The thing I'm apprehensive about though. the modem is an Arris Gateway. The DG1670A. So I'm using a router and know this is a router also. What items must I turn off to make this function soley as a modem. I don't want any routing function at all.
Established Sharer

apparently there is a ton more data they can see using their diagnostic tools when the device is a TWC modem vs. one I own

Not true, they can gather all the data they want from any provisioned cable modem on their network, regardless of ownership.  They may CHOOSE to only gather data from the TWC-owned modems, but that's their choice.

You will want to put the DG1670A into bridged mode so that it only acting as a cable modem, and use your own router to manage your home network.  Depending on how they (TWC) have set up your DG1670A, you might be able to put it into bridged mode yourself, or you might have to get someone from TWC to do it for you.  See if you can access the internal web server at 192.168.0.1, username=admin, password=password.