Expert

Re: Help: Upgraded to spectrum 60/5 but same speed & shows modem not connected

I told you a few posts back that they weren't telling the truth about speeds available, now they lied about the prices as well....Woman Mad

Did you get any sort of case number or a name?

They might not let you change back,

This transition to Spectrum is really becoming a nightmare....Woman Frustrated

Sounds like this needs to go to your state cable tv comission, BBB, attorney general, the FCC perhaps.

You also want to uncheck the answer you marked as the solution...

Valued Participant

No case number but have the TWC retention manager name and his direct line that I posted. I did file a FCC violation a week ago and they forwarded it to TWC which gives them 30 days to respond.

This morning I spoke with 2 retention reps regarding their managers deal to correct issues and they understood and mentioned was no notes by him and believed me. I asked them to create notes of our current conversations and they did and read it back to me. So every phone call I do I'm now requesting notes be written then asking future calls to read the notes back to me. It's being documented by others.

They (Carl) did change me back to he 60 Mbps (30 Mbps really) without any problems and also went ahead and credited everything dated back to when I first had the problem with bad promised speeds on 11/3. I had him confirm notes he entered and confirmed the current charges.

I've learned to always request the reps to enter notes and read back and let them know you'll ask future reps to read it.

I'm not gonna do all the attorney general stuff but I think a letter to Spectrum corporate is due regarding the TWC manager Orlando @ Inglewood, CA just giving false promises to close a ticket. Reminds me of what Wells Fargo was doing behind the scenes with extra accounts. TWC management just lying to close tickets.

Who oversees TWC retention dept? What is he corporate address write to the higher executives?

MsRaye and others I do appreciate your feedbacks and sharing knowledge. Yes I did un-do the accepted solution.

Valued Participant

Update: The manager Orlando did call back Monday saying he was off Friday why he didn't return call or his staff getting around to adding the adjustment to the 100 Mbps cost. He wound up upgrading the plan back to 100 Mbps after I had it downgraded back. He did mention giving the 100 Mbps adjustment free as trial for 2 months for the error in 60/30Mbps issues and after 2 months I can decide whether to keep the plan for $79.99 or downgrade back to 60 Mbps (30 Mbps) for $39.99 like I had it. I checked this morning and there is 2x -$40 adjustments to the bill to cover next 2 months extra upgrade cost.

I do get 118 Mbps down with the $79.99 plan and only 35 Mbps down with $39.99. So guess decision will come in 2 months what to do.
Expert

what speed are you measuring?

100/10 = TWC

100/6 = Spectrum

Valued Participant

Spectrum speeds 100/6
Actual 118 Mbps down / 6.17 up.

Even before Spectrum for last 4 years I lived out here the highest TWC plan was the Max 50/5 which was why I stuck with 30/5. I didn't get any extra upload speed with the highest plan. After the merger the 50 down changed to 100 which gives it more value than before.
Highlighted
Expert

sounds like the Spectrum 100/6 then

not TWC 100/10 or 100/5