Highlighted
Not applicable

Dropping internet connection: Ethernet and wifi

I've been having internet drops from my Xbox and other wifi devices since I got the modem and router installed. I had a tick come in and he told me that everything was good and to just connect the Xbox via Ethernet and that would solve the problem. So I did that, the internet still drops. So I remove the router and connected the ethernet cable directly into the modem. And I'm still getting drops does that mean it's the modem or the wires leading to it.
2 REPLIES 2
Proven Sharer

Re: Dropping internet connection: Ethernet and wifi

@Kurosaki wrote:
I've been having internet drops from my Xbox and other wifi devices since I got the modem and router installed. I had a tick come in and he told me that everything was good and to just connect the Xbox via Ethernet and that would solve the problem. So I did that, the internet still drops. So I remove the router and connected the ethernet cable directly into the modem. And I'm still getting drops does that mean it's the modem or the wires leading to it.

Yes, it does suggest either the modem or cabling, and not your router.  We can't tell whether the modem or cabling is most likely bad until you post the signal level and status report logs from your modem. 

Helper

Re: Dropping internet connection: Ethernet and wifi

What make and model of modem do you have? You may or may not have access to the UI.