Observer

Re: Download speed slowed and occasional drops

I am experiencing this as well in Enterprise, AL. They tell me I have "high loss". But my modem logs, SNR are fine. Also it is random. If I call them it gets fixed.... So hows is it a "line issue" if it isn't all the time? Also I noticed when it went back to normal this past time my Downstream Channels were hight (11,12,13...) vs 2,3,4...

Helper

@nicholasrbyrd wrote:

I am experiencing this as well in Enterprise, AL. They tell me I have "high loss". But my modem logs, SNR are fine. Also it is random. If I call them it gets fixed.... So hows is it a "line issue" if it isn't all the time? Also I noticed when it went back to normal this past time my Downstream Channels were hight (11,12,13...) vs 2,3,4...

Have you ever had a car make a strange noise that only happened off and on but didn't show up when a mechanic was looking at it?  Intermittent problems are the hardest to diagnose.

You mention that your downstream signals are high (11, 12, 13). This is borderline max and could cause these intermittent drops.

Observer

I meant down stream bonding channels ID's When I have issues the ID's are low numbers. The 2 recent times they have fixed it they are above 10.  Also the 2 times I have called they "do something" and it magically works within the hour and works for a week or 2 it seems. 

My modem: https://imgur.com/a/mAxulQA