Observer

Distribution cable damaged by trees who to call and who's responsible for trimming

Hi,

A neighbor four houses down my street called me to help her troubleshoot her spectrum internet and phone not working I could not help her so we called spectrum and a service tech was dispatched the next morning.

My neighbor told me that the tech cahanged the drop from the tap to her house  because it was damaged so we went outside and noticed that the main cable was spliced and an orange cable is now in place filling the gap also the cable is no longer attached to the pole (aerial installation) it is being hold by a rope.

Unfortunately the main cable is hanging 5ft from the ground and my neighbor ( and the rest of us down the street ) are concerned it will get tangled with trucks and completely destroy it leaving us without internet and most important without phone.

Who is responsible for trimming the trees spectrum or the city? If spectrum who do we have to call. We've noticed high corrected and uncorrected errors in all the modems down the street so the patch is not a solution.

Additional information can be provided upon request.

The eight spectrum subscribers down the street.

4 REPLIES 4
Trusted Helper

Re: Distribution cable damaged by trees who to call and who's responsible for trimming

@Starstuff wrote:

Hi,

A neighbor four houses down my street called me to help her troubleshoot her spectrum internet and phone not working I could not help her so we called spectrum and a service tech was dispatched the next morning.

My neighbor told me that the tech cahanged the drop from the tap to her house  because it was damaged so we went outside and noticed that the main cable was spliced and an orange cable is now in place filling the gap also the cable is no longer attached to the pole (aerial installation) it is being hold by a rope.

Unfortunately the main cable is hanging 5ft from the ground and my neighbor ( and the rest of us down the street ) are concerned it will get tangled with trucks and completely destroy it leaving us without internet and most important without phone.

Who is responsible for trimming the trees spectrum or the city? If spectrum who do we have to call. We've noticed high corrected and uncorrected errors in all the modems down the street so the patch is not a solution.

Additional information can be provided upon request.

The eight spectrum subscribers down the street.

Hello,

The mod team at our forum can help.  Send your account information along with the above excellent description of this issue to @Forums_Help  They will than relay this information to the right department to get a maintenance crew out to bury the cable.

For potentially faster service, go to the Ask Spectrum Twitter page and log in with your Twitter account.  (Or get a Twitter account.)  Than follow the Ask Spectrum Page located here:

https://twitter.com/ask_spectrum?lang=en

PM your account information by Tweeting a Direct Message to Spectrum, after logging into Twitter and following the page, Once again, describing the issue, and Spectrum will get a ticket opened and the crew out to bury the cable.

Note that it is not needed to do both Help methods mentioned above, as the information will go to the same place.  Hope this helps!

Satch

Lead Moderator

Re: Distribution cable damaged by trees who to call and who's responsible for trimming

@Starstuff  Hi guys.

Quick answer is that Spectrum will not trim the trees. That would need to be done

by the property owner. If it is on city property it would be the city's responsibility to 

trim/maintain them.

Had she been told we were not able to do anything further until the trees were trimmed? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Observer

Will contact them
tnx
Observer

Yes the branches have to be fixed before the cable problem.
tnx