Not applicable

DOCIS 3.1 Modems/Routers

Hello,  I writing to ask when are the modems/routers going to be approved for a Specturm internet account  that support DOCIS 3.1?   

11 REPLIES 11
Browser

Re: DOCIS 3.1 Modems/Routers

once upon a time.

Helper

@MaverickLA wrote:

Hello,  I writing to ask when are the modems/routers going to be approved for a Specturm internet account  that support DOCIS 3.1?   

While not on the approved list yet, I've seen many reports of TWC/Spectrum customers successfully activating the SB8200.

Expert

Don't waste your money, The TWC/ Spectrum infrastructure will never support Docsis 3.1 and they can't afford to upgrade it to even get docsis 3.0 working properly in most areas.

TWC's plan was to go with FIOS...

Not applicable

Thank
Proven Sharer

You can consider the DOCSIS 3.0 Motorola MB7420 instead.  It is on Spectrum's approved COAM device list for all speed tiers up to 300/20 Mbps.

Not sure where you're located but we're full D3.1 with 32x8 bonding where I am. Docsis 3.1 is backwards compatible so any modem should work.
Highlighted
Helper

@iknoweverything wrote:
Not sure where you're located but we're full D3.1 with 32x8 bonding where I am. Docsis 3.1 is backwards compatible so any modem should work.

Are you in Hawaii?

Expert

There are docsis 3 modems that support 16x8 and 32x8

I seriously doubt you have the 8US ch's as that requires replacement of all the outside plant and conversion of the 45-100 mHz band from DS to US. That also requires replacement of ALL older cable boxes that are using 75 mHz DS channels on the node you're on..

As for 3.1, Spectrum isn't ever going to allow IPTV services on their network. Currently there's no inexpensive gateways or consumers with the knowledge to set up an IPTV network.

BTW, the MOCA option is not an output option, it's an INPUT one to use RF on coax rather than ethernet to get to the outside FIOS DIU box.

TWC was planning on a 1:1 ds: us option and 300mb-1gb fios upgrade in 2018 but that is gone with the merger.

Browser

I’m also interested in the above query I live in Riverside County. Is it available in my area?
"Find the torture you will be comfortable with".