Expert

Re: Could use Help with latency issues im having.

START A NEW THREAD!

turn off IPv6 on ALL devices to see if the latency decreases

Participant

When you had informed me to turn ipv6 off on my router/modem i had disabled the ipv6 function on my desktop and

laptop which showed no major changes in my latency. Yesterday I contacted a rep using the Twc site live chat and he closed this thread after my session with him. he did somekind of tweeking which was suppose to fix my connection, and before I could ask what problems did he find my router was already being rested and lost the chat. The fix he did worked and lowered my latency to normal values which lasted an hour, then around 1 am it fell to normal values again. So after waking this morning i checked around 11:30am values were normal, but around 12:00pm it spiked. So i contacted another rep via live chat explained my problem and what has happened so far, he then had i think a higher tier rep contact me to further help me and he could see there was a issue with my connection due to his connection test and my being different with each test. So he had scheduled a tech to come to my house tommorow between 2-3pm where my issues starts. I also asked him to note that a check for a tap (which he corrected me on) if that is whats interfering with my connection. Fingers crossed somthing is found and fixed.

Appoligies for not being able to reply do to the sudden closing of the thread i didnt know that was gonna happen and it wouldnt allow me to post on it to state what had happened, so i waited for a reply from you to explain.

Expert

that's really  bad for 100/10   TWC won't fix it at all unless it's worst than 80/8 which yours is

Participant

Well ive pretty much exhausted every troubleshooting method i could think of and your helping to the best you can (which i appreciate) yet there little to no change. I still haven't found any problems with my machines in terms of infections bad drivers or hardware, no body use enough of the bandwidth to cause a drop that huge we dnt have netflix no one uses itunes or cloud like services. My laptop is only used by my dad and step mom but all they do is check their emails and watch youtube. On my desktop i read online comics watch youtube play games but not since this all started have i had an issue. Im still holding onto the suspicion that its somekind of crossed line or interference from an outside source. Otherwise everything Ive done on my side and what youve instructed me to do would of showed at least some kind of major change. Im hoping tommorow i can convince the tech to check for outside sources of interference. In all honesty I may just use the money that goes to the bill at the end of the month to switch to another provider, If what you say is true and that they wouldn't help me at all considering the fact they keep assuring me thats what they are doing.

Participant

I just wanted to let you know that a tech showed up today and i explained what was happening, showed him all the tests i did to show there is some issues and some screen shots of when my speed would drop, He the infromed me from everything ive said that there could be some kind of interference caused by my neighboors when they are using the internet. He explained that he doesnt see and issues as of the time he came over and that he does see that the other computers connected through my neighboors networks can slow me down due to the age of the hardware that is used. And asked that i reschedule another house call for 5-7 so when msot of my neighboors are off from work and the internets at its most used they can get an idea of what happeing. Another thing he informed me was to disable my wifi for both 2.4 and 5g to see id any change accures. Which I tried, then ran some tracerts and pings, google and youtube came up with high ms in the pings low and high ms in tracert and pathping. twc.com did not. After an hour i turned it back on. The tech i got this time was more helpful and understanding then my last one (not to make it sound ungrateful). Hoping what ever interference there is can be found.

Participant

After a good while of me and the tech trying stuff out to check the problem he contacted his supervisors bout it and they told him that whats happening to me shouldnt be happening if the signal is good. That they will be sending an advanced tech team on sunday to check it out and check the node the neighboorhood is hooked up to. Also that that im not the only person inmy neighboor hood with internet issues but i am the only one to pursue it this far while the others didnt is why the team is comming out here. He also set me up with a newer model modem.

Expert

Good work, getting twc to chase down T3-T4, ingress issues is like herding cats...Cat LOLCat IndifferentCat FrustratedCat Wink