Observer

Re: Constant Disconnects and Unreliable internet is back again. (Escalate This Already)

Agree that is not root cause but a symptom.
Expert

Re: Constant Disconnects and Unreliable internet is back again. (Escalate This Already)

No the range violation and T4's are the reason the modem is resetting, TWC /spectrum won't do anything about T3's, they've even changed the timers in some modems to 10x the norm to hide the T3's and prevent them from becoming T4's and resetting rather than fix upstream issues.

She needs to call TWC on the phone when the levels are at +54 dBmv and only 2 channels so they see the problem.

Should be called in and written up  as TCS partial service, dynamic range window violation and excessive T3/ T4 errors and modem resets

Valued Participant

Last time I talked on the phone and they seen it showing only 1 or 2 ch at like 54+  I believe. He stated it was out of spec and he seen plenty of t3 t4 errors and that they critical problems. Shown techs that showed up time and time again pictures of my upstream hitting as high as 58.2 with time and date. Even have a folder on the desktop saved with a month worth of out of spec pictures. Even made sure they were aware of random high error counts. So they gave me a modem that hid errors. Walked into the office with pictures of the status pages and they were clueless and blamed it on my wifi lol Not even sure what to try anymore. I even made sure to tell them I experience issues even when hardwired to the modem. 

Valued Participant

Here is a update. Went to the Spectrum office told them the internet sevice they provide is bad. They offerd a tech visit. I said hell no i seen like 6 of them in the last 3 months. That I wanted it escalated and have the maint crew sent out. They asked for my number and said a supervisor might call me.  Anyways never recieved a call yet. Here is my current Readings.

Status http://imgur.com/c2Xz68n

Event http://imgur.com/pTbd2dn

Expert

TELL THEM TO REMOVE THE INTERNET ONLY FILTER TRAP FROM THE LINE OR AT LEAST PUT THE PROPER RANGE ONE INLINE.

525 mHz should not be attenuated that much and it tells me there is a filter inline

Can you post a closeup photo of the tap off block?

I suspect the filter or tapoff has water in it as well, causing the upstream to go out of range. And that the filter is either damaged or the wrong value.

Valued Participant

If I knew what exactly I was looking for I would. Or where exactly to find it.

Expert

are lines overhead or underground?

Valued Participant

They are overhead.  Anyhow I will update everyone. Had another tech out on Tuesday. I started contacting Spectrum on Facebook about it. As I have had no luck. Anyhow same tech I normally see comes down. Tells me he watched it for awahile and seen only normal fluctuations. Anyway last time I complained about it on facebook I sent them a picture with missing channels high upstream power like I been complaining about. It was like 55.The tech that came said I was looking to much into it. Wanted to blame my router. Even though the modem can say no internet and the light can turn off. On the modem.  Anyhow after tech installed a new drop and new modem. Few hours later dissconnects returned. Honestly probably was not even a few.  Not even sure what to do at this point. T3 T4 timeouts and Dynamic Range Violations. 

Anyhow when i contacted Spectrum yesterday I made sure they looked at the uncorrectables. within 24hours there was like 500,000 in each channel. They tried blaming it on being prior of tech arriving. Which is not possible due to getting a new modem right before he left. Anyhow she refreshed the signal. 20 hours later im sitting at 150,000 to 200,000 in most channels. Internet still cuts out often as hell. Anyhow Earlier today I screenshot a 55.2 right before my internet died again. Tech also said Maintanience checked my street and could not find anything wrong.

High error count from yesterday.  http://imgur.com/MT3Bmvo

Status from today.  http://imgur.com/NfKPRr2

What it normally looks like when internet dies.  http://imgur.com/URZ7imJ

Expert

They need to look at the "flop" report on the CMTS's upstream channels.... There's a serious issue, probably with everyone on the node or at least further from it than you are. Probabbly bad s/n, high errors, lots of correction, we as customers can't see those numbers.

Dynamic range window violation indicates the upstream has gone 3 dB further than the levelled points and out of range as well xince when this is working it's at +51 dBmv and the modem can't do over +54 on one o4 2 channels much less all 4 channels.

Highlighted
Browser

having the same problem here with bad jitter/packet loss. Had about 9 techs come out and none of them could fine a problem. I was suppose to get a call from a supervisor 5-7 days ago, still haven't recieved a call, and all my tickets I seem to put in get trashed. It's just unbelieveably awful service, and if you have the choice to switch to anyone, I would.