Not applicable

Bluetooth Issues

So I recently moved into a new apartment and after having my internet setup I have had countless issues with Bluetooth devices staying connected. Whether it’s the wireless subwoofer for my soundbar to my phone having a choppy signal to my soundbar or even the joycons for my switch, nothing seems to want to stay connected. Never had this issue at my previous residence. Spectrum provided me with a ubee ddw36c. I can only narrow it down to this device causing the interference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

Re: Bluetooth Issues

Anyone?
Lead Moderator

I am sorry to see there was not any input from the forums participants.

First thing I would suggest is swapping out the modem you are currently using, if you still have the problem that would rule out the modem.

Are you using your own router? Do you see more wireless network options at your new place? There may be interference from new neighbors. 

Have you tried different channels on your router? Do you have the problem with both 2.4 and 5 GHz. 

Some information you can post about to help out can be found here: -Data-to-get-help-from-your-peers

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Helper

Bluetooth connectivity can be greatly impacted by a heavily congested 2.4 ghz wireless frequency nearby. Do you have a cordless phone, microwave oven, fluorescent lighting, or baby monitors close to the bluetooth devices? Are your bluetooth devices close to the router? You can try moving the devices away from the router or even try changing the channel of 2.4 ghz band on your wifi network.

Being in an apartment you may be SOL though if the source of the interference is your neighbors.

Not applicable

How is Spectrum with replacing the modem? They did provide me a modem/router combo that I listed in my description. Not sure what else I could do to help the problem before I replace. Thank you for the reply.
Not applicable

Hopefully I’m not SOL lol. I did come across this as well.

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Connectivity/Ubee-Spectrum-WIFI-Router-Causing-PS4-Pro-Dualsho...

Any thoughts?
Helper

Is there a Spectrum store near you? If so, you can try exchanging your combo unit for separate modem and router units. As in the other thread, perhaps that particular Ubee model throws out more interference for bluetooth signals than others.

I personally have one of the Spectrum branded Wave 2 router and have not noticed any bluetooth interference...and I have several devices within a few steps of the router.