Rookie

Arris TOUCHstone versus Arris Surboard SB6138 which to buy or something else

I have got to buy my own modem, my monthly cost have gone up beyond what I can do for much longer. The modem I have which works great is an Arris Touchstone SB6138. When I go to Spectrum it lists an Arris SURFboard SB6138. I have tried to find out any differences, but can't find information to compare them. Does anyone know if the SURFboard model would be as good as the one I have.

Sorry, I really don't know anything about modems other than you use them to connect your computer to the internet. I only connect my computer and my ooma phone device through the modem.  Thanks for any help in making my decision

Ruth

2 REPLIES 2
Proven Sharer

Re: Arris TOUCHstone versus Arris Surboard SB6138 which to buy or something else

My first suggestion would be to enter the correct model number for your search - it's SB6183. 

Helper

Re: Arris TOUCHstone versus Arris Surboard SB6138 which to buy or something else

You can also switch to a Spectrum plan rather than staying on the legacy TWC plan where the modem is included in the price of the package.

Also, the Touchstone 6183 and the Surfboard 6183 are the same thing, just one is usually black and other is usually white. The Touchstone brand was originally sold directly to the ISPs and the Surfboard brand is generally the retail version....same hardware.