Newcomer

Arris TM1602A

I need help doing a factory reset on a Arris TM1602A Cable Modem. I know the IP address is 192.168.100.1, but using any of the factory Arris passwords will not allow me to login to the Advanced Settings. I need to clear the mac address that is stored so I can change which computer is hardwired to it.

Thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
Proven Sharer

Re: Arris TM1602A

@flsailfish22 wrote:

I need help doing a factory reset on a Arris TM1602A Cable Modem. I know the IP address is 192.168.100.1, but using any of the factory Arris passwords will not allow me to login to the Advanced Settings. I need to clear the mac address that is stored so I can change which computer is hardwired to it.

Thanks, 

You need to do a factory reset, which requires holding the reset button in for about ten seconds.  The first device reset is not enough, it needs to restart itself a second time before the old MAC ID is cleared from the router memory. 

The most common user security attributes are user= admin and password = password.  Both are in all lower case.  If your modem is "loaned" from Spectrum, you sre not allowed to change them to any other values.  Further, the user controls may be locked to keep subscribers from changing settings that would affect operation of Spectrum's network.

Newcomer

Re: Arris TM1602A

Just reboot the modem with nothing connected to the Ethernet port to clear out the MAC.