Highlighted
Newcomer

Arris SBG6950AC2 not an authorized modem?

I recently purchase a refurbished Arris SBG6950AC2 modem/router. I'm unable to finish activating it because I keep getting an error message saying it's not an authorized modem. However, this post says it's a minimally qualified modem. I have extreme internet (which I think is 100mbps download).

I'd like to know if I'm doing or reading something incorrectly before I call in or chat with a rep.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Seasoned Contributor

Re: Arris SBG6950AC2 not an authorized modem?

The authorized modem list changes over time. The most recent list (5/27/2020) is posted on Spectrum's website here:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/compliant-modems-charter-network/?domain-redirect=true

Highlighted
Helper

The Arris SBG6950AC2 is currently authorized for the 400 Mbps tier and below.  The online modem setup portal usually works but sometimes goes wonky. Just call customer service and they should be able to activate your modem for you.

Highlighted
Newcomer

Thanks for the info. I tried with the online chat but I gave up after waiting 3 hours for an agent. I'll keep trying though. Wish there was an easier way to do this.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@fredent , 

You can also contact us on Facebook or Twitter, average wait times are around 15 minutes to reach one of our representatives.   It is slightly quicker in the morning before 10am. 

Please contact us at: