Participant

Apartment Pays for Internet Service : Old Docsis 2.0 modem How to Upgrade Service

I have a friend who lives in an apartment complex which pays for Spectrum internet service as part of the rent. I had my friend provide me with the name and model number of the modem they had and its an older Docsis 2.0 modem.   http://www.ubeeinteractive.com/sites/default/files/file_resources/U10C018%20Data%20Sheet%20_0.pdf 

First of all, according to the above .pdf the max speed of this modem is 30 to 42 Mbit.  Secondly, I told them to contact Spectrum and get the modem replaced with a newer Docsis 3.0 modem(at a minimum) and that according to the Spectrum rate card they have a base of 100 Mbps but they also have 200Mbps for the same price as 100mbps.

How should they go about getting their modem upgraded and their speed upgraded considering that the Apartment Complex pays for their internet service? Can they call Spectrum and do this themselves. Would they have to go through the Apartment complex management to do this?  Hopefully somebody from Spectrum will read this and provide instructions. Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated. TIA

1 REPLY
Proven Sharer

Re: Apartment Pays for Internet Service : Old Docsis 2.0 modem How to Upgrade Service

Without offering comment on provisions of any pre-existing private contracts between the building owner, the tenant, and Spectrum, the on-line Spectrum rate card applies to individual private residence service.