Trusted Helper

581 Houses Without Spectrum Service EVERY Night In Brookfield WI

This is one for the record books!

Since last Tuesday March 26th every single person with Spectrum Cable in our neighborhood, (Greenfield Heights sub division)  has lost all cable services from 7:25PM til about 9PM or 9:30 PM.  Zip code is 53045. All our neighbors and my family lose cable TV, phone service, and Internet Service from EXACTLY 7:25 PM to 9:00 PM sometimes 9:30 PM.  By 9:30 PM service comes back and than goes out again by 7:30PM to 9:30 PM the following night.

Several blocks from Lois Avenue, Tremont, Robinwood, and Tower Hill Drive are all affected.  The ONLY time that we did not get a service interruption this week was last night, Saturday the 30th of March.

I have heard of cable going out, but never at a timed frequency like this.  All of us in the neighborhood have gotten credits, but this is just insane with these every night power outages!  Everything is lost for these 90 minute intervals, comes back by 9:30, sometimes by 9:00,  only to go out again the following night except for like I said Saturday night.  What ever the maintenance techs are trying to fix is not holding in the Greenfield Heights sub division  and surrounding areas in Brookfield, Wisconsin.

Can someone do a service history of our area? Our neighbors and I want to know what keeps failing at about 7:25 every night, gets fixed by 9:30 at night, only to fail again at about 7:30 the following night?  Every night Voicemail reports an outage in the area, but would like to know from the bucket crew what they are trying to fix that has been in vain?

Over 580 people in our area without service every night in 90 minute intervals from 7:25 PM till 9:30 PM for the past five days!

Satch

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: 581 Houses Without Spectrum Service EVERY Night In Brookfield WI

Hi Satch, 

Sorry for any service issues.  I took a look at the information I have available, and I think there might be some confusion.  There was an area wide issue last night impacting your area, however the regular outages you experienced on other days appear to be a different issue.  Looking at the history, I am seeing the other days impacted your services, but I am not seeing  any wide spread issues or scheduled maintenance outages.  It looks like a service call was recommended, but was unable to be scheduled due to the general outage. 

Were you able to confirm directly with neighbors that they were having an issue at the same time on the previous days?  Have you been able to schedule a service call?  

Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

Hi Satch, 

Sorry for any service issues.  I took a look at the information I have available, and I think there might be some confusion.  There was an area wide issue last night impacting your area, however the regular outages on you experienced on other days appear to be a different issue.  Looking at the history, I am seeing the other days impacted your services, but I am not seeing  any wide spread issues or scheduled maintenance outages.  It looks like a service call was recommended, but was unable to be scheduled due to the general outage. 

Were you able to confirm directly with neighbors that they were having an issue at the same time on the previous days?  Have you been able to schedule a service call?  

James,

Some things are confusing because this is happening so much.  The only thing that is consistent is that from Tuesday March 26th to present between exactly 7:25PM to 9PM our whole neighyborhood was down.  On Wednesday the 27th, same time and story.  Thursday the 28th, the outage was extended to 9:30.  Friday the 29th I think was another 7:20 PM-9PM outage.

Saturday the 30th was a perfect day.  No problems at all.  We were calling each day for credits and on one of those days, they said they could not set up a service call because the system was down.  On an earlier day, we had a service call set up and the agent over the phone said. "There's a power outage in your area on my screen, but there's no power outage."  Do you want to cancel your service call for the following day?"  We said "yes" because we didn't want them swapping out equipment because we were already told that the problem was in our node. (Not just us.)

When services came back on one of those first nights, the agent over the phone calls back about 10PM  and says, "There is a cable outage in your area."  He said he gave out the wrong information, when he originally said that "There is no outage in your area."  He corrected himself and said that many houses were affected  The service call to our home was not needed because "The outage is not just you."

Sunday night we are LIVID! Everything goes out at 7:25 and we call in again!  The agent says, "Oh they are looking for a part."  Whatever is in the node that keeps failing.  We have 581 houses out tonight."  The only difference is that all services came back at 8:50PM, not 9:00 or 9:30 as originally expected.

They keep confirming that multiple houses are affected  Yes, the other issue that is the same is that the whole neighborhood goes down from 7:25PM-9:00, sometimes 9:30PM on every night except Saturday.  Now, we just sit and wait wondering like the rest of our neighbors when this is going to stay on, for good?  If this was my individual drop line or tap, we would have had a field tech out earlier in the week.  But it is not just us, this is a node problem affecting our whole neighborhood.

Satch

Community Manager

Thanks.  I am not seeing a loss of service last night and the signal levels on your account are back in normal range.  It appears the issue is resolved.  Please let us know if the issue returns.  

Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

Thanks.  I am not seeing a loss of service last night and the signal levels on your account are back in normal range.  It appears the issue is resolved.  Please let us know if the issue returns.  

Thanks James,

Will keep you up-to-date if anything changes.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Updates for today April 2, 2019: (Central Standard Times on all reports.)

11am- Loss of TV for about 10 minutes (Is restord now.)

12:30PM- Loss of Internet for about 10 minutes. (Is restored now.)

Satch

Trusted Helper

James,

As a tech guy, do you have any information as to what caused this outage?  (Cut fiber-optic cable?  Weathering/corrosion?  Failed system/software/hardware update?)  The timing intervals were things that I have never heard of before with reguards to cable failure.

Today, they worked on the Internet some more.

Let's not mark this thread "Solved" yet.  I want to wait and see what happens for the next few days.

Satch

Community Manager

Digging a little deeper, it does appear that it was a maintenance issue at the node level vs. an individual issue.  Unfortunately, I don't have information about what caused the specific issue.  I can reach out to the division and let you know if I get any additional information.   

Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

Digging a little deeper, it does appear that it was a maintenance issue at the node level vs. an individual issue.  Unfortunately, I don't have information about what caused the specific issue.  I can reach out to the division and let you know if I get any additional information.   

Thanks James,

Contact the head-end guys in my node, and see what caused this.  If you can.

Satch