Browser

Re: 400Mbps lies

Then that brings into question why I'm not being provided with a modem capable of the speeds
Browser

If that's the case though it sounds like cleaning up the coax connections and a better modem should solve it
Expert

It's not only the modem but the network it's on.. Are you using the TW/ Spectrum speedtest tool?

Did your speeds slow down when the speed was raised? What was it measured at before?

Browser

Yes and that's what the online csr used when he tested my connection, the speeds actually seemed to have gone down since it was supposed to have been upgraded, before when my package was 300mbps I was averaging about 320mbps however now with the 400mbps package I can barely reach 300 and if I do that's only during very obscure hours
Browser

So a technician and supervisor came to my house today and found out that because im at the end of a line being at the end of my street that signal was weak and all they had to do was put some booster on there that bumped it up 10dBmV

Browser

I clocked 481Mbps this morning so the modem is clearly capable at this point.

Expert

Copy and paste the new signal level page...

This in the home channel was the primary issue:

ChannelLock StatusModulationChannel IDFrequencyPowerSNRCorrectedUncorrectables
1LockedQAM25617555000000 Hz1.4 dBmV39.1 dB224007787
Not applicable

You need a tech out immediately your levels are very off and wrong your downstream should be 40dbmv-45dbmv and your upstream should be 47dbmv-now more then 50dbmv your amp outside box needs it’s level adjusted and your need a coupler for the side of your house we’re the cable line goes inside the gray box we hade same issues it will fix it we have the 400mbps internet package and we are actually pulling down 519mbps you also need a new modem that’s on the approved list for the 400mbps Internet sence u have your own router the sb6190 is a 32-8 and is one of about only 5 officials tested on the spectrum website that will only work for the 400mbps internet I hope I have helped you and more have a great day Smiley Happy
Not applicable

You can also use a coupler but only use comscope of +8dbmv and only use on the outside mounted twc/spectrum white box on the outside of your house u can have a tech come out and do it or u can do that your self they really made are levels the proper that they should be and it did take all ate uncorectables away to it works good and it’s only 5 bucks and less for the coupler
Not applicable

Spectrum website for 400mbps has about 5 official listed modems for 24-8 and 32-8 however for Internet speeds of 100mbps to 400mbos only docis 3.0 will be allowed on those speed tiers gig service uses docis 3.1 however spectrum website does not officially have approved 3.1 for gig service but spectrum is useing the techacolor docis 3.1 for gig service