So for a few months now I've noticed my speed has been hovering around 150 (i have the 200 package). I figured it was just traffic from a lot of people using the Internet, but i came across something that was different than before in the modem site (192.168.100.1). 2 of the 16 channels were set as unknown. Since they announced there new speeds I bought a SB6183 and had a steady 230 mbps up until a few months ago. I called tech support with the issue and he had pointed out that the issue could be from me putting in gold plated splitters, and that the one they give are galvanized and ground better. I swapped all of them, no measurable difference at all. A technician came out to check whats going on and basically said the problem was with a node that my block/complex is connected to and that they are upgrading it and their is no set date on when it will be completed. He said it could be around 3 weeks to 1.5 months max, gave me the node number and said to call support in the coming weeks and ask them when my node will be upgraded, then left. Any thoughts on if the problem is actually from the node or I may have a problem with the actual modem?
Link to screen capture of the modem page
Your area has virtually all tv channels in use....It's odd that only 2 are impacted, post the page again, copy and paste it so I can compare it with the previous one.
|Channel||Lock Status||Modulation||Channel ID||Frequency||Power||SNR||Corrected||Uncorrectables|
|1||Locked||QAM256||17||615000000 Hz||-2.8 dBmV||41.3 dB||22||0|
|2||Locked||unknown||15||603000000 Hz||-0.2 dBmV||0.0 dB||0||0|
|3||Locked||unknown||16||609000000 Hz||0.6 dBmV||0.0 dB||0||0|
|4||Locked||QAM256||18||621000000 Hz||-2.8 dBmV||41.3 dB||48||0|
|5||Locked||QAM256||19||627000000 Hz||-2.8 dBmV||41.2 dB||22||0|
|6||Locked||QAM256||20||633000000 Hz||-2.9 dBmV||41.2 dB||26||0|
|7||Locked||QAM256||21||639000000 Hz||-2.9 dBmV||41.1 dB||38||0|
|8||Locked||QAM256||22||645000000 Hz||-2.9 dBmV||41.2 dB||25||0|
|9||Locked||QAM256||23||651000000 Hz||-3.2 dBmV||40.8 dB||33||0|
|10||Locked||QAM256||24||657000000 Hz||-3.2 dBmV||40.9 dB||25||0|
|11||Locked||QAM256||25||663000000 Hz||-3.3 dBmV||40.7 dB||28||0|
|12||Locked||QAM256||26||669000000 Hz||-3.6 dBmV||40.5 dB||37||0|
|13||Locked||QAM256||28||681000000 Hz||-3.7 dBmV||40.3 dB||38||0|
|14||Locked||QAM256||29||687000000 Hz||-3.9 dBmV||40.2 dB||38||0|
|15||Locked||QAM256||30||693000000 Hz||-3.7 dBmV||40.3 dB||46||0|
|16||Locked||QAM256||32||705000000 Hz||-4.5 dBmV||40.1 dB||18||0|
|Channel||Lock Status||US Channel Type||Channel ID||Symbol Rate||Frequency||Power|
|1||Locked||ATDMA||27||5120 Ksym/sec||30600000 Hz||43.5 dBmV|
|2||Locked||TDMA||25||2560 Ksym/sec||18500000 Hz||41.8 dBmV|
|3||Locked||ATDMA||26||5120 Ksym/sec||23300000 Hz||42.3 dBmV|
|4||Locked||TDMA||28||2560 Ksym/sec||37000000 Hz||43.5 dBmV|
Yes, that's showing ingress, there is a bad connector or loose connection somewhere. Make sure all are compression, not hex crimp or molded and all are more than finger tight.
It might be outside
The technician went outside and specifically checked the connection from the outside and said everything was fine, I also ran the modem directly on the main cable coming into the house, still the same problem.
I talked to tier 3 support and they are sending another technician out to check the main from the house to the tap outside becuse the first technician didnt check that for some odd reason.