Not applicable

2.4G & 5G

Hi, Need some help.  I have a 360 Fisheye Bulb camera, when I'm configuring  it via my GS9+ phone which is set to 2.4, as that is what the camera accepts.   I go through all the connections, and at the end it says "5G Lwan is not compatible."   I changed my 2.4 and 5G names; at the end of the name-2 and  name-5.   Do I need to included the .4?     I'm not a technie!

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Newcomer

Re: 2.4G & 5G

The network name can be whatever you want to call it. It doesn't have to be called something like "NetworkName2.4." Whatever helps you distinguish the two different bands is all that matters. Or, if you don't mind some unpredictability with the 5Ghz devices jumping on 2.4Ghz (this can be solved by turning down the 2.4Ghz power), you can name the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wireless networks to be the same name, and devices will choose what's best for them.

Participant

I have one of those Bulb Security Cameras too (uses the V380 mobile app).
IIRC, initial setup requires connecting your phone to the bulb-camera's 2.4 GHz private network.
There you specify the parameters for your home 2.4GHz network for the bulb to use, I believe.
The bulb is not smart enough to find and connect to your home network on it's own, like other WiFi devices (e.g. Roku, fireTV, etc) can.

Proven Sharer

Many (but not all) multi-band router manufacturers use standardized SSIDs, where whatever 'name' you set for the 2.4 GHz band is also used on 5 GHz, except that the suffix -5G is added.  You may find best to set your router SSID names in that manner, which means there's no 2.4 suffix on that band.