Observer

legacy channels

i wish they would get rid of the legacy channels and replace them with something else. who needs two weather channels and who needs two of the same hallmark channels. i'm sure that this is a contract issue with the content provider!!! i wish they would also get rid of the lame music choice channels and replace them with sxm channels again that's another contract issue

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: legacy channels

No thanks on switching to Sirius-XM music channels!  I'm not willing to pay their extreme stand-alone prices when I can buy an add-on service for my car account instead at about $10 per month and then simply stream them. 

Trusted Helper

@krel_2018 wrote:

i wish they would get rid of the legacy channels and replace them with something else. who needs two weather channels and who needs two of the same hallmark channels. i'm sure that this is a contract issue with the content provider!!! i wish they would also get rid of the lame music choice channels and replace them with sxm channels again that's another contract issue

I LOVE the Music Choice channels!

No commercials, no DJ's and over 45 categories of Digital Music.  What's not to love?!  You can't get that kind of variety that easily anywhere else.  Sure there are websites out there offering music, but often the uninterrupted content is for a limited time and than you have to pay a subscription fee, or deal with ads and pop-ups.  Cable has had Music Choice since the Digital Cable transition and it is amazing!

Weather Channels depend on providers and contracts as stated.  I miss The Weather Channel when it was just weather.  I agree with the OP here.  Many other ways to get weather.  Spectrum is introducing a new Spectrum News Channel with news, weather and sports based on local community area.

I also agree about the repetitive  Hallmark Channels, too many commercials, and split-screen credits.

Satch

Observer

i do agree with you on there extreme rates. i just re uped for 5.00 a month for a year on the all access package