Rookie

What happened to the Free Movies On Demand channel?

Channel 508 - Free Movies On Demand  has been missing from my lineup for weeks.  I always watch this channel for the TCM Classics and Fox Retro movies and the old MGM movies - but the channel has been removed from my lineup.  What happened?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What happened to the Free Movies On Demand channel?

The individual channels for on demand are slowly being phased out. If you go to the main on demand channel typically 1000 or by pressing the on demand button on your remote it'll take you to the on demand portal. Here it has a list on the left side of the screen you would select the option for movies. Then scroll down to the section that says free. 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Contributor

"Progress" isn't always progress. This listing is far more cumbersome. I much preferred the individual channels where since I liked Fox Retro and TCM, I didn't have to scroll through tons of titles that are of no interest on channels that don't interest me.

I came here to ask the same question as the author of this thread. Let's just say that this 30-year customer is very disappointed at this so-called upgrade.

Lead Moderator

If you want to search by network you can do that. On the far left you will see 

the option for "Networks" once you go there you can select the network you want to 

view the On Demand content on that channel. 

I hope that once you get used to navigating the new guide you will find that you 

like it.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you for responding. I see FX Retro is gone, those were the vintage Fox movies. Relatively recent stuff abounds on so many channels but to get some half decent oldies (and I do like a mix of old and new) on a commercial-free platform is difficult. Ad supported channels spend about one-third of the time with non-program material and when you get to be a certain age, you don't have that time to spare. Smiley Wink