Not applicable

WGN channel still missing.

In area code 53158, I’m still missing channel 9 (WGN) and this being after FOX came back on after the holdout ended. Is there a reason for this? My guide literally goes from channel 8 to channel 10 now.
5 REPLIES 5
Lead Moderator

Re: WGN channel still missing.

Morning,

Was the channel 9 an out of market channel? In many areas out of market channels, (DMA, as determined by the FCC)  have been removed from the lineup,  providing just the "In market" option for that channel. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

It’s a Chicago station that I’ve had in Pleasant Prairie WI for the past 6 years. It’s WGN America. Everything that I’ve read states that FOX and WGN have been restored after the dispute ended this past week.
Lead Moderator

That would be considered an out of market channel for sure if it is a Chicago based

station and you are in Wisconsin. 

The negotiations have been completed, as a result many of the Tribune channels that are out of market channels are no longer being provided to areas outside of the channels Neilsen designated market area (DMA). 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

LGT
Contributor

Here’s where it can get confusing for people close to Chicago. WGN (over the air channel 9)  in Chicago is different than WGN America (a national network owned by the Tribune Co). The other thing that can be confusing is that in SE wisconsin WGN America is put on cable channel 9. Adding to the confusion is Pleasant Prairie is right on the Illinois border, so you might be able to get WGN Chicago with a good antenna. I don’t know if because of that WGN Chicago is included in the Pleasant Prairie lineup, but WGN America should be.  

Clear as as mud right?  

Trusted Helper

Brookfield Wi here,

I got WGN back when the Tribune dispute was settled.

Satch