Browser

Velocity is gone

I've been receiving the Velocity channel for a quite a while with a Cisco Digital Adapter.   It is now gone with no warning or announcement (zip 27519).   Is this system wide or a local  phenomenon?  

7 REPLIES 7
Trusted Helper

Re: Velocity is gone

@Dxm wrote:

I've been receiving the Velocity channel for a quite a while with a Cisco Digital Adapter.   It is now gone with no warning or announcement (zip 27519).   Is this system wide or a local  phenomenon?  

Spectrum is moving away from digital adapters,

You will need a box and a subscription to the package that carries Velocity to get that channel.

Satch

Browser

dta's are only free for like 1.5 more months. Than they cost only a dollar less than a spectrum package hd box.  They shouldn't be allowed to still charge 11.75 for an hd box just because you are still on a twc package.  If they are going to charge different fees just because you didn't switch than all of us should be considered new customers

Browser

So I'm paying for an original TWC package with equipment that can no longer receive all the channels I'm paying for.  To get the HD Box at $6.00/month, I probably have to upgrade everything to one of the new Spectrum plans. 

Lead Moderator

I am not seeing a change to this channel looking at just the zip code. I show it is part 

of the TWC Standard TV and the Preferred TV packages.

If you would like to contact us directly to look into this further we would 

be happy to research it. Please include your account number and your address

to get started. What channel number had you previously had Velocity on? Is there a different channel in this spot now? Have you rebooted the DTA? 

Forums_Help for direct support. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I hav ethe same issue.

Not applicable

Per Spectrum rep today (8/23/17)  it is gone for those of us with DA. Last week when I called about it vanishing from my DA lineup and channels per the Rep and its lineups, still shows Velocity being there. Last week Rep pinged my DA and wanted to send out tech to repair because he still had it showing up in the lineup for my service.  Per Rep today, it is removed from DA completely.  No warning, notification and appears Spectrum can not get their line up data straight before doing something like this.   Prices keep going up and channels being removed.  Time for other options.

bk2
Newcomer

8/23/17 Same deal, on channels listing guide there is no DTA exclusion for velocity but a visit by a tech provided the same info.  A chat with CSR said that channel is now "encrypted" and only works with set top box.  Pretty lame excuse, a more honest answer would be "we just want to triple your montly equipment rental fee".  On to other options.....