Browser

Tribune Broadcasting (aka WGN)

I am tired of everytime I turn around we are getting hit with an increase because of new fees, rates or taxes.  If the Spectrum propaganda is true about what Tribune is asking for I am pefectly content in dropping them from my cable lineup instead of paying a rate increase. Who cares about WGN anyway? Drop them.

Browser

Re: WGN America

In response to  . They do have a DVR for over the air.  Some are pretty good.  I forget the name of it but you could find it with a little research.  There is a model out there that allows you to manage both your over the air and Cable channels in the same online guide.  I found it when I was considering cutting the cord and was worried about no DVR and easily integrating OTA with my streaming channels.  I could do it pretty easy but my wife is technicaly challenged and would have problems switching from stream input to OTA.

Community Manager

Re: Tribune Broadcasting - WGN

Update:  

On Friday, January 11, 2019,  Charter reached an agreement with Tribune Broadcasting, the owner of the owner of WGN America and multiple local ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, and digital multi-cast channel affiliate stations across various markets.  As a result, all affected channels and programming are restored.

ant
Established Sharer

Re: Tribune Broadcasting - WGN

@James_M wrote:

Update:  

On Friday, January 11, 2019,  Charter reached an agreement with Tribune Broadcasting, the owner of the owner of WGN America and multiple local ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, and digital multi-cast channel affiliate stations across various markets.  As a result, all affected channels and programming are restored.

Finally and thanks. Smiley Happy

Observer

Re: WGN America

while i do agree on the tivo's but why pay an extra fee and why have two boxes taking up space when you can have one. and with tivo if the box fails once you bought the lifetime sun your SOL if it fails even under warranty. you'll have to re purchase a lifetime sub or you might get a deal on a new sub

Observer

Re: Keep Fox 8 WJW!!!

if you get dish. the hopper 3 will let you hook up an antenna to via a usb dongle and you save the broadcast fee ever month

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

In case you haven't heard, Fox 8 Cleveland and all other Tribune stations are back.  Stand by while our broadcast surcharge rachets up even higher. 

Newcomer

Not for allof us. Spectrum has decided to drop it from areas of NE Ohio such as the Warren area. 

Newcomer

how did you find out that warren was dropped from WJW on spectrum?

Proven Sharer

Among other ways of communicating with their customers, Spectrum places public notices in mailed customer monthly bills and area newspapers about 30 days in advance of lineup change dates. 

In this case I believe that effective January 1, 2019 Youngstown-Warren (aka Mahoning Valley) is no longer part of the Cleveland TV viewing area.  They were going to lose FOX8 as a local channel even without the rate negotiations hassle.