Not applicable

Spectrum program guide

Why does spectrum have channels on there guide u can't get. When u go to the channel it says do u want to upgrade.

3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: Spectrum program guide

@ssschndr24 wrote:

Why does spectrum have channels on there guide u can't get. When u go to the channel it says do u want to upgrade.

Hello,

There are different levels of service based on your subscription package, therefore, some channels will not be available unless you subscribe or upgrade to them.

Most of our boxes, have Guide Filtering, which is a feature that allows you to see only the channels to which you subscribe in the guide,

Satch

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

I'm sure Spectrum must have some obscure regulatory reason for NOT defaulting the Guide display to "Channels Subscribed" whenever a receiver is installed, but it would greatly reduce the user complaints here in the forums if they made that the standard setup! 

Trusted Helper

@karlbeckman wrote:

I'm sure Spectrum must have some obscure regulatory reason for NOT defaulting the Guide display to "Channels Subscribed" whenever a receiver is installed, but it would greatly reduce the user complaints here in the forums if they made that the standard setup! 

I would agree,

It could be monetary reasons: Seeing all services could motivate a person to subscribe to a package that they may otherwise not see.

It could also be by default that "All Channels" is selected.  I wonder if other cable/dish providers have that same configuration?

The Subscribers through whom I communicate love the ability to filter the channels based on their personal preferences.  Concerns are that this feature is not really discussed by Spectrum, nor found easily in user guide documentation.  For ODN-Navigator just as an example, very few average customers even know that pressing Guide twice brings up the Time Grid filter options.

New Spectrum Guide may have the same or similar set of circumstances.  Guide documentation and tutorials are only about average in my view.  Topics like how to Search for a show, I did not see in the New Spectrum Guide documentation  online.  There is room for improvement in the online help areas for the Guides.  All of them.  ODN, I-Guide, New Spectrum Guide, even legacy Charter Spectrum areas that still run Passport, Moxi, and in one area, SARA.

Satch