Browser

So why no Fox Business Channel with New required Cable Boxes, yet is on cable modem

It's also listed as avalible in the TWC guide.  Have already called about it, yet rep claims it's not part of the Standard TV package.  Even if you point out that it's on the list that you pay/payed for...

It's like pulling teeth..

Edit: Meant to say "Cable Card", not cable modem above...

9 REPLIES 9
Expert

Re: So why no Fox Business Channel with New required Cable Boxes, yet is on cable modem

There shouldn't be more on the TWCTV.com ap streams than on your starter and standard tiers, usually, there's less.

What's your zip code?

Browser

Re: So why no Fox Business Channel with New required Cable Boxes, yet is on cable modem

Browser

Meant to say "Cable Card".... sorry....

Cable card in a HTPC setup...

Expert

@mat wrote:

That's in the middle of nowhere....   Probably something messed up in Winston Salem or Raleigh.... or  not added in at the local head end..

The TWCTV stuff comes in via the internet from a data center, I think in Raleigh, whereas the cable box receives from the head end you're connected to.

50-50 chance of getting the channel  deleted from the ap, added to cable or your complaint ignored... good luck

Expert

@mat wrote:

Meant to say "Cable Card".... sorry....

Cable card in a HTPC setup...

arg... totally third scenario.. what does it work on? and what doesn't?

Do you have a TA (tuning adapter)?  It's required to request SDV channels that are pretty much above the starter and standard tiers...

There's only 8000 people in your zip code and I'll bet you're the first to complain...

Cablecard setups are notorious to have channel issues as they're not a real cable box that TWC rents and supports. Call the cablecard support phone number...

TA's can have signal level issues as they're a simple cable modem to get guide and channel aliasing info

Browser

No real issues with the Cable card (in a Infinitv 4 pcie), But there is of course a cisco STA1520 (6 tuner)..  Which does recieve that channel (among others not recieved by the new little cable boxes)...

Reading other post, I think it is channel's 205 to 211 that are missing (206 being FBN).  As in they don't appear in the onscreen guide.  But most (haven't really checked) other chanels in the range are there.  Even channel's I don't get still appear in the onscreen listings...

Middle of nowhere is kind of the point of being here... Smiley Wink

Expert

If you have DTA's like a cisco 150,170,271, they absolutely can't do SDV channels that the 1520 TA & cable card device can do

DTA's are a cheap one way rx only box and can't request anything. They only work on the starter and standard tier channels, I'll bet the 200 series channels are preferred, thjose require a full 2 way cable box, dvr or the cablecard device with a TA

Browser

That's just it, it (cisco DTA 271HD) gets (picksup) 200,201-205...212...257..etc..  So no FBN, Bloomberg, CNBC World (cnbc is 205), BBC News....  Although I have never checked to see if I get anything there but the FBN one.  Not a big fan of any 24/7 news.....  It's an oxymoron...

Quick question while I have your ear, can I use an "approved" modem (Arris SB1621) beside (not through) the Modem/Phone Arris TM502G I have?  In other words, stop using their modem while keeping phone service.

I've read a lot of your (MsRaye) post, and thank you is not said enough for all your great info and help here...

so

Thank You!

Expert

OK, you can have preffered and other tier channels that aren't sdv and a dta theoreticly can decode them. But it cannot do SDV, MOD, PPV or on demand since it can't transmit any data back to the head end.

"normally" any channels above 60 could be SDV, but between 2 TWC head ends, nothing is "normal"

Everything is aliased and you could see 4 digit channel numbers on a DTA.

no 2 TWC systems are alike, sorry...

Woman Frustrated

Without someone else in your zip code and on the same node, it's hard to tell what's wrong, if anything.

Best you can do is make sure you're paying for the channels and determine which device isn't getting what you pay for and call TWC....