Participant

Premium Networks and HD Issue

Can anyone provide the straight scoop as to whether ALL the Premium Networks, e.g. HBO, MAX, SHO, Startz. StzEnc, Epix, TMC, are now in HD as displayed when I view my Channel Guide using the Spectrum Website or via the iOS TV app? According to a rep at my one any only local store in Hilton Head SC, the answer is YES. According to the tech I got when I contacted Spectrum, I was told a bit of jibberish about tools they have to check things and that some are still SD only as they have always been going back to when we were TWC. I am not sure if the issue centers on whether one was previously a TWC customer before the merger with Spectrum, or whether I started my service with Spectrum. But considering I pay a lot of $$ for the Premiums, independent of the cable package I have, you should get whatever signal level they provide to any subscriber. But what do I know - I just pay the bills.

2 REPLIES 2
Helper

Re: Premium Networks and HD Issue

I am in a former TWC area, now on a Spectrum plan, and a couple of the duplicate premium channels are in SD. I'm not in front of my tv or on my home network to check on my phone, but I'm pretty sure I have a main HBO channel in HD and one in SD. Same with Showtime.

Participant

Premium Networks and HD Issue

Well it took a tech to come out and working with his support contact we figured out why ALL my Premium channels are not in HD as shown in the online Guide. Up until this point, I was getting conflicting info and guesswork on the part of the support from TWC/Spectrum.

It turned out that I was still on a TWC TV/Internet/Phone subscription. This legacy subscription included a now defunct 'Enhanced DVR' feature that is no longer supported. Having this plan prevented a migration to current Spectrum plans and pricing as well as the changes that took place long ago to have all Premium channels broadcast in HD. Next step is to visit the only local store for me in SC and get things straightened out. It might mean new equipment and most likely a second DVR for the alternate TV to be able to record and watch programming. How these changes will correct the channel transmission in HD, I need to know to ensure after doing all this I don't still see many Premiums  in SD resolution.